Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Seamaster Professional 36mm 2253.80 "Electric Blue" Chronometer

1. ffej4 Survey Man Jun 14, 2015

Hi all,

I thought I'd give a 36mm SMP a try, but I just haven't been able to get used to the smaller size. My Speedy has won my heart over, and I just haven't bonded with this.

For sale is an excellent Omega Seamaster Professional - reference 2253.80 - on a 1502/824 "Bond" style bracelet.

I am not the original owner - I picked it up on eBay a couple of weeks ago from (I believe) the original owner. The service history is unknown, and there are no box or papers.

Watch head and performance: the case is in very good cosmetic condition. There are a couple of light scratches and scuffs on the crown side, and some very, very light scratches and scuffs on the HE escape side.

The case appears to be unpolished with very sharp edges and the signature Omega brushing granules.

The caseback is in excellent, near-mint condition. The red dot was intact (meaning the caseback has never been opened), but unfortunately came off when I was doing a light scrub with a tooth brush to prep it for the photos. To my knowledge, the case has never been opened.

The bezel is in good condition, while the insert has regular wear and tear. Being that it is a polished insert on this model, it has picked up a few scratches over the years. These could mostly all be polished out at one's discretion, as none of the scratches are very deep. The bezel clicks are crisp and accurate, and there is almost no play from side to side.

The crowns thread in and wind very smoothly. The main crown gets about two full 360 degree rotations before it is totally screwed down, meaning the crown threading is still in very good shape.

The watch winds smoothly, the rotor isn't too loud, the date changes smoothly and quickly, and it is keeping decent time. In my last 24 hour test, it lost 8 seconds while not on the wrist - it was sitting dial-up. I imagine the timekeeping would be more accurate on the wrist.

The bracelet: the bracelet is in very, very good condition. I recently touched it up with a scotch brite pad (I've done this many times before), and it has restored the finish to looking pretty fantastic.

The measurements are pictured, and with all links installed the bracelet has plenty of room on my 7.25" wrist, even on a hot day. This should fit up to a 7.5" wrist, and with the diver extension out, probably even an 8" wrist.

The bracelet has a negligible amount of play from side to side, but there is some, as is standard for a 6+ year old watch that received wrist in the past.

I recently changed out the spring bars with double-flange 18mm bars (the old Omega ones were pretty worn out), so I would recommend putting in fat spring bars to reduce play between the end links and watch case, should you choose to purchase this piece.

Asking price: I would like to get $1,250 for this piece, but I am very open to reasonable offers. I prefer payment by PayPal, but I can work with bank wire (and, if you're a new forum member, bank wire might be a necessity).

Shipping: I will ship this out as soon as possible upon completion of payment. I'm on vacation for a few weeks, so it might take me longer than usual to get it shipped out, but I will make it work. The waiting time might be a couple of days from the point of purchase to when I am able to ship it.

Shipping to CONUS is highly preferred. Please let me know if you're international, and we can try to work something out.

Overall, this is a very clean example of a classic dive watch that looks fantastic on men with slightly smaller wrists.

Oh, and the lume on this is torch-like and fantastic, as per usual on these sword hand SMP dials.

I have attached a slow motion video of the second hand ticking away, just to show that it is very smooth and consistent.

Thank you for your consideration, and please PM me or email me at [email protected] with any questions or offers.

Cheers,

Jeff
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Edited Jun 14, 2015
  2. ffej4 Survey Man Jun 14, 2015

I just realized that the bracelet photos didn't upload. Here they are!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. ffej4 Survey Man Jun 15, 2015

Daily bump. Any interest?

4. ffej4 Survey Man Jun 16, 2015

Up. Let's keep the offers coming!

5. ffej4 Survey Man Jun 17, 2015

OHPF

6. ffej4 Survey Man Jun 18, 2015

SOLD! Thanks, OF!