Forums Latest Members

Omega Seamaster PO Ti Extendable Clasp Issue

1. odonnebj Feb 26, 2017

I had a couple questions for the Forum regarding my new Ti PO. It's the newer Ti model with Ti bracelet:

PLANET OCEAN 600 M OMEGA CO-AXIAL MASTER CHRONOMETER 43.5 MM

I found the perfect length for the band, however it needs to use the extendable clasp feature. I push the little button and it slides out a couple notches. When doing so, the watch tends to "unclip" from the extendable fold-over clasp area when moving my wrist. This only happens when the watch band is out a couple notches from that extendable feature. Here is a video where you can hear it from simple wrist movement:

I am not sure if this is an "issue" with the band, or an undesirable feature of that extendable clasp when it's in an extended position. I went and tried on another at my local boutique and was able to replicate the issue so Omega seems to be aware. I think a way to solve the issue would be to add a half-link, however Omega doesn't seem to make half links for these models. Any suggestions??

-Brian

Omgea.jpg
  2. Morrisdog Feb 27, 2017

I have the SM300 Ti model and mine does not seem to do this.. there is certainly no noise like in your video.

My watch shares a similar clasp to yours but I don't think it's exactly the same. I am however not quite sure what you mean by unclipping. Does the bracelet unlock??

3. odonnebj Feb 27, 2017

The extendable clasp unlocks such that the size of the bracelet becomes even larger as if you were going to use it for diving. The main clasp on the watch still stays closed, however once the extendable clasp is disengaged the watch flops around. I've attached a photo showing what happens after I take the watch off by releasing the main clasp. That click is the disengagement / release.

IMG_2424.JPG
  4. Morrisdog Feb 27, 2017

My SM300 does not have the diver extension to the adjustable clasp.

It sounds like a significant issue. Perhaps you should insist that they try and sort this out.

5. MIDASCHEN Feb 28, 2017

I'd treat that as not fit for purpose and although it doesn't unlock it could become loose enough for you to drop it. I'd ask them to fix it under warranty or for your money back

6. gttime Feb 28, 2017

I noticed the same on mine and actually ordered the Ti clasp without the extension for my Ti POC. I'll never use it and it kept popping open.

7. odonnebj Feb 28, 2017

I had no idea that was even an option?!? Is this for the new POs or older models only?

8. danicycle Mar 1, 2017

New ones from what I'm aware. Depends what you mean by 'old'

9. RIZ Sep 18, 2018

I experienced the same issue on my titanium PO, the divers extension continually came undone whilst I was wearing the watch and I had to press the end of the clasp to close it. I sent the watch to Omega at their cost, they informed me in their opinion I wasn't closing the divers extension correctly which I disagreed with, how can you close it incorrectly. Once I persuaded them to put the watch on and move their hand back and forth causing the extension to unclip they agreed it wasn't correct. I've just received my PO back with a new clasp fitted and the old clasp in the case, the new clasp is fine and doesn't unclip. I took the attached photo of both clasps together and you'll note on the new clasp the slot that clips around the pin to keep the extension closed is angled slightly so the pin doesn't slide out as it has been doing. Somewhere along the line Omega realised there's an issue and redesigned the clasp though they deny there's a design fault when you question why your extension keeps unclipping....

C8Yx93D9T9Cm+NIp3DiAmA.jpg