Forums Latest Members

Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean (Need Advice)

1. JAK Oct 26, 2013

Disclaimer: This is not a sales thread, I will post the watch for sale on the proper board but need some advice first.

I bought my Planet Ocean (2201.50.00) back in 2009 from an authorized dealer. I recently started thinking about selling the piece and started getting all of the cert cards, box, instruction manual etc. out to post it for sale. I only now found out that my cards do not match my watch, the ref. # and the serial # on both my warranty (expired 2011) and my chronograph certificate do not match the serial # on my watch nor does the reference # match for the model of watch that I own. I never thought twice about checking it when I bought the piece as it was from an authorized jeweler. Will this drastically affect the resale value of my piece and should I pursue the retailer and Omega in order to get this sorted out before I attempt to sell my watch. Any insight is appreciated.

-Jeremy

2. ulackfocus Oct 27, 2013

Yes, it could affect the resale. Jewelers / retailers are famous for grabbing any old Omega box from what they have in stock. Pretty careless if you ask me.

3. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Oct 28, 2013

You could contact that AD and your sales information should still be on file somewhere. They could make a request to Omega to reissue you the cards and hopefully it can be done for you. Gluck.

4. GETS Nov 3, 2013

I had this exact same issue when I bought my AT. I went back to the AD with proof of purchase from their store and all the papers and cards. They sent off for the correct papers and cards and the issue was resolved. That said I did notice within about 6 months of purchase as opposed to 3/4 years.

Good luck.

5. om9c Nov 26, 2013

You should try contacting the AD from where the PO was bought. Good luck!

6. Spy You know my name. Nov 27, 2013

Whenever I get a new watch first thing I do is double check that the numbers match. Take it as a lesson learned for the future. Best wishes on your sale.