Forums Latest Members

Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Chrono Auto Steel Bracelet Mens Watch 2210.50.00

1. clovett35 Aug 23, 2016

I am looking to join the Omega family and have been searching for some time to find the best deal I can for a PO. I recently found what I believe is a good deal, but I lack the expertise or knowledge to feel confident about my potential decision. The seller is advertising this particular watch as new with tags; however, I found that this watch has been for sale since 2014. I have no idea about how to independently confirm the age of the watch. If the watch is authentic, is this a good deal at $3,600?[​IMG]

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 23, 2016

That is a middle of the road deal for the watch... Depends on condition and what comes with it. Be aware that these are often faked. If it is new with tags does it have a warranty card? Is it a private sale, or a dealer?

3. clovett35 Aug 23, 2016

It's a dealer and it comes with tags and a 3 yr (manufacturer's warranty).

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 23, 2016

Look at past sales on ebay. That will tell you everything you need to know. From my experience that is a pretty darn good price for a 3313 movement first generation Planet Ocean Chrono. As noted in my forum picture I have the same watch with the Orange bezel. It is a big watch at 45.5mm but wears smaller, and looks fine on my 7.5inch wrist. This is not a watch that will work with a fitted dress shirt.

If the seller is an authorized Omega dealer then there should be no issues with it being real. without knowing all the details of the seller and no in hand shots of the watch there is no way to verify it.

I thought that this watch had a 5 year warranty not a 3. They also went out of production in 2012. The replacement for this watch is a bit thicker and has 2 subdials not 3. There are some still kicking around unsold though as many people like the look of the 2nd generation and are ok with the thicker watch or want the newest thing, Omega just released the 3rd generation of these watches. You need to try one on though I highly recommend it esp if you have smaller wrists.

Edited Aug 23, 2016
    clovett35 likes this.
  5. clovett35 Aug 23, 2016

I will check into the warranty, although I would be thrilled with a 3 yr warranty on this watch. I was seriously considering purchasing a pre-owned PO with a one year warranty (max) in most cases. The price of new Omega PO's will make trying on the newer generation PO a futile exercise.

I truly appreciate your input Foo2rama.

6. clovett35 Aug 23, 2016

PO3.jpg
  7. clovett35 Aug 27, 2016

I am now the proud owner of an Omega Planet Ocean 3313. It was delivered as advertised with a 3-year manufacturer warranty. I took the watch to a local AD and had it authenticated. So excited.
    IMG_2365.JPG

KstateSkier likes this.
  8. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Aug 27, 2016

Congratulations!

9. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 27, 2016

Welcome to the 3313 club! My favorite PO.

10. Moppel Aug 29, 2016

Is this the original box the watch came with?
    Cheers
    Thomas

11. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 29, 2016

No that is the new box, this watch would have come with a red leather box. Not sure if it was swapped by the AD or what, but from the factory it would have been in red leather. Not a huge deal, if anything the new box is way better.

clovett35 and Moppel like this.
  12. clovett35 Aug 29, 2016

I was expecting the red leather box, but I was happy that it came in the wooden box.

13. Moppel Aug 30, 2016

As far as I know the red boxes were made out of cheap artificial leather.What about this box? Real wood & genuine leather?
    Cheers
    Thomas