Forums Latest Auctions Members

Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 8900 43.5 owner review

1. nordwulf

nordwulf Apr 28, 2019

I started a long-term owner review and will provide a detailed log of ownership of my recently acquired Omega Planet Ocean. It will be updated with new information through time and hopefully will be an interesting journey of owning and enjoying a luxury watch.

It will be different and much longer than a regular review that talks about the technical details and how it wears for a short amount of time. I had a lot of questions about buying an expensive Omega luxury watch and hopefully the information in this review will be helpful for others.

Find the full review here: http://horologyworld.com/reviews/watches/omega-seamaster-planet-ocean-8900-435-r8/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited Feb 23, 2020
  2. Keef Richards

Keef Richards Apr 28, 2019

Your watch looks great, I like the amount of orange on that dial. Very detailed review was helpful.

I also like having a peace of mind when purchasing expensive things and going to an authorize dealer gives it. I purchased my watch from the Omega store at the King of Prussia mall in Pennsylvania. I could have not had a better experience. That treated me very well, and they had alot of knowledge on their watches.

nordwulf likes this.
  3. 77deluxe

77deluxe Apr 28, 2019

Great review, super pics.

nordwulf likes this.
  4. David Schonert

David Schonert Apr 29, 2019

Really good review. Nice to see how daily life for a high end watch is. Look forward to any updates.

nordwulf likes this.
  5. rjohnson56

rjohnson56 Apr 30, 2019

Great review! I've had my PO 8900 about a year now and agree with your experiences. Looking forward to your next comments.

nordwulf likes this.
  6. Carson

Carson Apr 30, 2019

Informative & enjoyable review. This is a watch that I'm a fan of and considering buying. Looking forward to your updates.

nordwulf likes this.
  7. nordwulf

nordwulf May 27, 2019

Thanks for all the comments! I recently spent some time in Hong Kong and Japan and brought 3 watches. Guess which one got 90% of wrist time? The jumping hour hand without the need to stop the movement has been one of the greatest features.

I may have gone a bit too far with taking wrist shots though.. :)
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/UbpkHtN2RzZvKDLU6

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. mmrols

mmrols May 27, 2019

Thanks for the review! Awesome photography.

nordwulf likes this.
  9. blacka01

blacka01 May 27, 2019

Have you tried removing the bracelet yet? I am finding this next to impossible with mine, even with a tweezer type spring bar tool. Shame as I really want to swap out with the black / orange strap I also have for it

Taddyangle and nordwulf like this.
  10. CJpickup57

CJpickup57 May 27, 2019

I’d say you didn’t take enough wrist shots ha ha. If I ever get to Japan I’m taking wrist shot photos of all the street food I’m going to eat AND all the landmarks as you have done.

Awesome pictures and I hope you had a great time!

nordwulf likes this.
  11. nordwulf

nordwulf Aug 12, 2019

I recently removed the bracelet and it wasn't too bad. I first used a spring bar tool to release the pins and slightly moved the bracelet inside the lugs. And then used spring bar pliers to remove without scratching the lugs.

Wears very nice on a 21mm soft nato.

[​IMG]

Taddyangle likes this.
  12. Wprodge

Wprodge Aug 17, 2019

Great review thanks

13. nordwulf

nordwulf Aug 18, 2019

Thanks! Back on the bracelet and enjoying the sun and water in Croatia. I brought 2 other watches (Damasko and Oceanus) but wearing the Planet Ocean 95% of the time.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. nordwulf

nordwulf Oct 2, 2019

The bracelet size was fine for me in warmer and more humid summer weather but a bit too loose in fall with cooler weather so I put the half link on the bracelet I ordered months ago. More details can be found in the review towards the end. Spoiler alert: the half link is not really half the size of a full link..

http://horology.world/reviews/watches/omega-seamaster-planet-ocean-8900-435-r8/

[​IMG]

15. Matt748

Matt748 Oct 5, 2019

A very good fully detailed review.
    I recently purchased a used 37.5mm Planet Ocean because I have rather small wrists.
    Having owned a number of Rolex watches over the years I really like the Omega as an understated alternative to Rolex, but still a very high quality watch.

nordwulf likes this.
  16. Yak1

Yak1 Oct 5, 2019

Love the review. The PO is growing on me. I have a Tudor and a seiko 6306 and am debating a Seamaster.

nordwulf likes this.