Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 2200.50.00 - Weak point on clasp

Hello friends,

I inherited a lovely PO 2200.50.00 and wear it daily. I was lifting a topper off a truck and the topper slipped and caught my watch, and somehow opened the clasp. Unfortunately it was a tough spot as I still needed to hold the topper and it ripped a pin out of the clasp where it folds.

I attached a photo and pointed to the pin that was yanked out. Now, every time I take the watch on or off the pin is loose and could slide right out. I never noticed that before. During the day it’s securely held in place, but is easy to slide out while the watch is open.

My question is what holds the pin in place? Is this pin always a bit risky/loose? Or should it be pretty secure and mine likely damaged and should be serviced/repaired?
If so, can I order just the pin from Omega? Any idea what that pin is called?

I didn’t notice how easily the pin could come out until this incident, and am just curious if it was always super easy to come out or if mine is now faulty.

Blessings!

Not exactly sure what holds the pin in place but you can almost certainly take it to omega and order the part

The pin is riveted in place, and likely the rivet has broken on one end. The pins is not available as a separate part, and unfortunately the only thing that can be bought is an entire new clasp - part number 117ST1579951.

The pin is riveted in place, and likely the rivet has broken on one end. The pins is not available as a separate part, and unfortunately the only thing that can be bought is an entire new clasp - part number 117ST1579951.

Thank you! I appreciate the info greatly, it’s a bummer but I’ll order a replacement clasp.