Forums Latest Members
  1. Interstatetime Aug 5, 2014

Found this beautiful little manual wind Seamaster "Meister" yesterday. The crystal is not an Omega but everything else looks straight. It does not appear to ever have been polished. I usually don't like watches this small on my big wrist but this one works great.

The case reference is 14389-1 and the movement is a 268. The 17,041,xxx serial number probably dates it to about 1960.

I don't know where the bug came from but he wouldn't leave the sea monster alone.

JohnCote

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JohnSteed and rhetoric like this.
  2. simon Aug 5, 2014

Good score.

Interstatetime likes this.
  3. M.D. Aug 5, 2014

the little bug's got good taste!

Interstatetime likes this.
  4. M.D. Aug 5, 2014

fantastic watch btw!

5. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Aug 5, 2014

that's an iPhone photo? Good golly....

applause.gif

6. Interstatetime Aug 6, 2014

Lou,

As I have said here and on other forums many times, photos are made by light not by cameras. An iPhone held by a steady hand is perfectly capable of capturing a perfectly acceptable photo in the right light. A good window facing away from the sun will usually make good light. After that you need to figure out where to position the watch and then where to position the camera/phone...and then hold the camera/phone steady.

Expensive cameras are overrated. Without good light they take crummy picture just like any other camera. As the owner of top end Leica, Nikon, Hasselblad etc cameras since the '70s I should know.

JohnCote