Forums Latest Members
  1. seamaster5 Oct 6, 2017

After wearing the 16610 for the past 4 years, I just grew tired of it as much of it being an iconic watch. I figured I'd end up buying an Omega Master Coaxial from Neilp here on the forum. I have several Omega's mainly older ones which have timeless designs but to me Omega nailed in on this watch. It has the modern appointments of a modern timepiece meanwhile retaining the vintage cues of the CK2913. The case might be 15mm thick but as robust as it may be or even just a hair over 1MM over the CK2913 its just a modern day Omega paying homage to its past.

IMG_1048.JPG
    Pibbow, 5150XF, Theognosis and 6 others like this.
  2. flw history nerd Oct 6, 2017

Outstanding choice. I think it has a number of crucial advantages over, say, the no-date Submariner: quick-set hour function, anti-magnetic (more than the vaunted Milgauss), and nearly $1K less expensive at retail. No downsides at all. Congratulations and keep the pics coming!

seamaster5, Jrcigar and Foo2rama like this.
  3. seamaster5 Oct 6, 2017

Thank you much appreciated. I agree the watch is an excellent value. Simply has a beautiful matte dial, simple not overstated. I was in the league for that beautiful '57 trilogy but I couldn't see myself spending more money. Don't get me wrong I'd LOVE to have that trilogy seamaster piece but currently I am in the middle of pulling the trigger on a speedmaster. Unfortunately I am getting rid of my longines legend diver and also the 2531.80 (haven't worn in years). I'd say between this and the speedmaster that will be a nice combo

IMG_1049.JPG IMG_1057.JPG
    Taddyangle and liebs520 like this.
  4. flw history nerd Oct 6, 2017

Great photos!! (Full disclosure: I'm biased, since I'm wearing my own SM300 to work!)

And you are so right about the trilogy - any of them, but especially (I think) the Seamaster 300. But that's the thing with limited editions ... They're limited!

Too bad about your Longines Legend Diver - if I could own any Longines, that would be my first choice! (Same philosophy as the new Omega you have - a faithful recreation of a great vintage classic.) But your trade for a Speedy makes perfect sense. I hope you get good deals on your departing watches - then post some Speedy pics.

seamaster5 likes this.
  5. seamaster5 Oct 6, 2017

Thank you! Those trilogy pieces are very nice but this watch fits the bill for me as I have some nice old omega seamasters already.

The legends diver is a nice watch but with this SM300 it's pretty much the same "vain" of watch. Slightly smaller the omega the longines is bigger lug to lug. Wears larger but true to the original. Certainly it's a nice interpretation of the original piece but you look at certain aspects of the piece and you will see the crowns are bigger than the original, the dial was done nicely but it's not the original. Same way I feel with the trilogy SM300. Now if the trilogy was priced closer to the regular production no question the trilogy would be the one but we all have to keep our wallets in check I guess. It seems like the speedy deal is good enough so I may be pulling the trigger next week. I can add that to my el primero tri-color!

6. peire06 Oct 7, 2017

Great piece. It has a vintage look. When did Omega release it for the first time?

seamaster5 likes this.
  7. TMas Oct 7, 2017

I’m a big fan too. Such a great design!

D48EC078-2C8B-4F44-9E0C-6C94D7DBC2DC.jpeg 5D8BD5EA-81C5-44F4-933F-06B550532DBD.jpeg 211A462A-D0F5-4900-945A-A314D6D5F1CA.jpeg
    imranbecks and seamaster5 like this.
  8. mikesspeedy Oct 7, 2017

Nice I do like it. Still trying too decide between this and the blue ceramic SMP CAL2500d. I like to look of both it comes down to do I think the movement worth the extra money. Just cant work it through. I haven't had a watch magnetise as yet so not sure if that's a sales gimmick or if its a thing. Again the master rating is it a thing or just marketing. My speedy pro is no more than 4-5 seconds a day fast anyway, I get that's outside of master rating but is inside COSC and I can live with that accuracy do I need to upgrade to master?

Edited Oct 7, 2017
    seamaster5 likes this.
  9. seamaster5 Oct 7, 2017

This model in 2014

10. seamaster5 Oct 7, 2017

I have the 2531.80 (ETA chronometer movement) and it's been pretty much 2-3 second fast range haven't checked in a while the watch just sits in the box.

But judging from this movement on this particular piece it's dead on accurate the gentlemen who I had bought it from said it was the most accurate watch he has. I'd have to compare this and my el primero.

11. neilp Oct 7, 2017

Glad you like the watch! I timed it at +0.3 sec/day over a month or more - several times. I was impressed!

seamaster5 likes this.
  12. gvids Oct 10, 2017

Didn't realize that this piece has Recessed indices...nice touch!

GV

seamaster5 likes this.
  13. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Oct 10, 2017

I have not worn my since July. It wears quite well, but too many other Omegas I like better, so it does not get the wrist time it deserves.

Glad to hear you love yours. Enjoy.

IMG_20170703_150855.jpg

Ssunnylee24 likes this.
  14. BLAUGRANA Oct 10, 2017

One of the best value propositions today. I don't own one, but I've considered it. Fantastic watch.

15. liebs520 Oct 10, 2017

Did you mod that second hand yourself?

Ssunnylee24 and Taddyangle like this.
  16. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Oct 10, 2017

Yes, bought the hand for $15.

Ssunnylee24 and liebs520 like this.
  17. flw history nerd Oct 11, 2017

That's what I hear this piece should be capable of. I think I need to send mine to be regulated ... It runs at about +12 seconds per day, and I'm constantly stopping it to slow it down. Too bad - it still has the red dot on the caseback.

18. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 11, 2017

Omega specs for the movement are that the daily average rate should be between -1 and +6 seconds per day. Yours is certainly out of spec if it's running +12...

flw likes this.
  19. flw history nerd Oct 11, 2017

It's been running at this pace since I bought it new a couple of years ago. Time for me to drop it off at the Boutique for a vacation in Seattle, I suppose. Sorry to bid adieu to the red dot.

What sort of ETA should I expect on just getting the movement regulated? Thanks, BTW, for the confirmation from our resident expert, @Archer!