Forums Latest Members
  1. Charles Kerby May 5, 2017

Omega Watch Photo.JPG Can anyone help me identify this Omega. I have had it for 30 years and have had it repaired twice. It recently quit working and feels as though the wind spring may be broken. I am thinking about selling it since I never wear it and its a heavy watch that is a bit bulky. I have been looking on various sites to compare others in helping determine a estimated value but I cannot find one that looks like this. Thanks in advance

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 5, 2017

145.023 aka the Seamaster Anakin (Skywalker)

Tungsten case, hence the heft. 2.5-4.5 k depending on condition and originality. Ball park based on quick 1 minute search of what's sold recently. Yours is immediately down $5-600 as it needs a service if not a bit more.

Don't quote me but that should help your own search for the answer.

3. cristos71 May 5, 2017

These cases don't scratch so much due to the manufacturing process which adds tungsten to the steel of the case. Because of their very hard anti-scratch properties when suffering a hard impact with another hard surface they are susceptable to chipping of the case instead of denting. These chips missing from the case cannot be repaired which can look quite tatty in poorly cared for examples, so the ones with the best chip free cases will go for far the best prices.

The chrono hands I would expect to see in orange and interestingly your watch has a decimal bezel. The most I see have the tachymeter.

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 6, 2017

Not a decimal it goes to 60 not 100. But yeah that is pretty uncommon 60 second ring.

5. cristos71 May 6, 2017

Yes you're correct, that's actually what I meant, I don't know where "decimal" came from!

Foo2rama likes this.