Omega Seamaster Heritage 300 bezel

Does anyone find that the bezel on the new Omega Seamaster Heritage 300 moves too easily. I find I set mine to 12 o’clock and sometimes I look down and it’s moved a couple notches from being brushed or making contact to something. How does it compare to say a Rolex Submariner bezel. I have yet to compare the two. Anyone with a Rolex Submariner experience the same thing.

The bezel on the Seamaster Trilogy also moves easily, don't think a Sub has that problem.

Like 1
I have a black dialed 300 Heritage that I wear frequently and I have not experienced any problem with the bezel moving on its own.

Summer blue heritage here and previously owned a black heritage. Really haven't had this happen unless I'm intentionally wiping down the bezel in the "wrong" direction (that is, if I am rubbing it in the same direction it is supposed to move).
Edited:

Like 1
Don’t think I’ve ever had a dive watch (from Omega, Rolex, Hamilton, Tag, Ball, Nite, etc—I’ve had a zillion) with this issue. If you’re really not touching it and it’s moving, then it’s probably worth addressing at the next service. As I’m guessing you know, the whole point of a dive bezel is that it only moves in one direction (so worst case you err on the side of shortening your dive—no risk), and generally only moves at all when you want it to. A bezel that moves without the wearer’s intention—in either direction—is IMO a ‘fatal’ flaw.

The newest model Submariner has the best bezel action I’ve ever experienced—possibly the best there is. Kinda ruins you for other dive watches. And I’m far from being a Rolex fanboy. But I can’t imagine this happening with a modern Sub. Omega divers (like most other brands) have a kind of clicky bezel action: each of the 120 stops has a crisp pointedness to it. Extremely functional, but generally loud and very… mechanical feeling, if that makes sense. The same has been true of all the other divers I’ve owned except that modern Sub. The Sub has a buttery smoothness—I don’t know how else to characterize it—where each stop is still distinct but it’s just so quiet and subtle. And there’s no backplay whatsoever.

Some Seiko divers have a great smooth action too, but they’re usually not aligned very well, and they do have backplay.
Edited:

Like 2
Mine moves in only one direction as intended. Just to me I’ve noticed on a few occasions it’s moved a couple spots. Maybe I bumped it without realizing it. It does move very easy with no resistance and makes the pronounced clicking. I just assumed there would be a little more resistance so it wouldn’t move if accidentally brushed or bumped.

I also have not had this problem with mine. I just tried bumping it in multiple places with my finger and couldn’t get it to move in the manner you indicate. You must be hitting it pretty good, or there’s an issue with the click spring.

Like 1
Does anyone find that the bezel on the new Omega Seamaster Heritage 300 moves too easily. I find I set mine to 12 o’clock and sometimes I look down and it’s moved a couple notches from being brushed or making contact to something. How does it compare to say a Rolex Submariner bezel. I have yet to compare the two. Anyone with a Rolex Submariner experience the same thing.
No issue with the black I had, it was very direct- I would say near perfect feel; although I watched a Mad Watch Collector review a little while ago with the same issue. Terrible reviewing style but he certainly touched on the sloppy bezel action.

I've had the same with my previous generation 300. It's a thick watch and when putting on coats, backpacks or diving gear I often caught just enough resistance to move the bezel a click or two.

Other than the thickness the other reason for this to happen more than with other watches is that the bezel protrudes past the case.
Edited:

Like 1
I've had the same with my previous generation 300. It's a thick watch and when putting on coats, backpacks or diving gear I often caught just enough resistance to move the bezel a click or two.

I never had this happen with my first gen, but I could see how it could. Especially under a shirt cuff or tighter jacket cuff.

The second generation has a bezel that sits probably 1.5 to 1.7mm lower which makes a huge difference.

Like 1
I owned the previous version with the Cal.8400 movement and the Liquidmetal bezel. It had the best bezel action and feel of any dive watch I have ever owned including a Submariner, Planet Ocean (3 different versions across two generations), Seamaster 300 1957 Trilogy or Seamaster Diver (3 versions across three generations), Seiko's and Longines. I was very excited to see the new Seamaster 300 but it was a massive disappointment because the bezel is rubbish. I tried on 11 black dial watches and 8 blue dial watches over an 18 month period in two boutiques and several ADs. Every single one had a really poor bezel action, rickety, too much play and too insubstantial in feeling. In several cases the bezel was not aligned correctly and in a few the bezel did not sit straight so was in danger of being popped off. Given the large number of watches tried, the various locations and the time period involved this is not an isolated early production issue it is staggeringly poor quality control and/or design by Omega. So the short answer to your question is, yes, the bezel on these newer Seamaster 300 “Heritage” watches is crap. I did not buy one. Going for a Planet Ocean GMT or Planet Ocean Orange instead.

I owned the previous version with the Cal.8400 movement and the Liquidmetal bezel. It had the best bezel action and feel of any dive watch I have ever owned including a Submariner, Planet Ocean (3 different versions across two generations), Seamaster 300 1957 Trilogy or Seamaster Diver (3 versions across three generations), Seiko's and Longines. I was very excited to see the new Seamaster 300 but it was a massive disappointment because the bezel is rubbish. I tried on 11 black dial watches and 8 blue dial watches over an 18 month period in two boutiques and several ADs. Every single one had a really poor bezel action, rickety, too much play and too insubstantial in feeling. In several cases the bezel was not aligned correctly and in a few the bezel did not sit straight so was in danger of being popped off. Given the large number of watches tried, the various locations and the time period involved this is not an isolated early production issue it is staggeringly poor quality control and/or design by Omega. So the short answer to your question is, yes, the bezel on these newer Seamaster 300 “Heritage” watches is crap. I did not buy one. Going for a Planet Ocean GMT or Planet Ocean Orange instead.

Interesting. After I picked up my 2nd gen summer blue, I owned it with my first generation in Black *concurrently for 6 months. I found the bezel action on the first generation to be absolutely satisfactory if not down right very good, and have found the bezel action on my second generation to be slightly more tactile and precise.

Not trying to "negate" your experience, but clearly we haven't had the same. Perhaps it is just that they save the best bezels for the summer blue, but I can't imagine why they would do that...

EDIT: it just occurred to me that the liquid metal bezel is present on the summer blue, a large difference between the summer blue and the rest of the 2nd gen models.
Edited:

I have a relatively new Sub and it had a factory service not long ago, so I assume the bezel is “to spec”, and it often rotates a bit on its own. I assume I’m bumping it, etc,