Forums Latest Members
  1. scubasad Sep 14, 2011

Hi , newby to the forum with a slight problem.
    Have just bought a Seamaster GMT and despite having read the very confusing instruction manual am unable to set the small red GMT hand to the correct time. According to the manual there should be 3 stops on the pull out crown, but unless I`m getting it totally wrong I can only get 2..
    Any one help?
    cheers.

2. ulackfocus Sep 14, 2011

I think stop #1 is where the crown ends up after you unscrew it. Pull it one click for stop #2, twice for #3.

3. scubasad Sep 14, 2011

Just had another look, but still can`t get the GMT hand to move!!

4. The GMT Master Chris @ ΩF Sep 14, 2011

The 24 hour hand won't move, the hour hand jumps. Set your 24 hour hand to home time, whilst the hour hand should be set to local time :thumbsup:

5. scubasad Sep 14, 2011

Yes, but how?
    I can alter the normal hour hand, and the minutes by pulling out once, then twice, but the small red GMT doesnt move.

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 14, 2011

The GMT hand only moves when the minutes hand is moved, so to move the GMT hand around one whole rotation, you need to spin the minutes hand around the entire dial 24 times, they're designed such that once its set you don't have to worry about it. The 24H hand is actually driven off the minutes hand, and while it doesn't look like the GMT hand moves much, that's because of how low its geared, just keep turning the minutes hand around and around the dial and you'll see the GMT hand move.

7. scubasad Sep 14, 2011

Thankyou very much..At last I have it set as it should be. Much appreciated..

8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 14, 2011

BTW which model is it? You got any pics?

9. scubasad Sep 14, 2011

not yet, I`ll try and post some tonight..
    but its the Seamaster GMT with the blue wave dial, large size.co-axial chronometer...approx £2500....

10. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 14, 2011

Ah cool, the one with the display-back? They're a very nice piece, as Chris was talking about above, when you change timezones just flip the hours hand forward, the minutes and seconds (and 24H hand) will keep on ticking and your hour hand will then read off the current time. Its a pretty cool complication to have, and the bezel still gives you the timing ability.