Forums Latest Members

Omega Seamaster Geneve 565

1. arajohn Jan 25, 2017

Hi everyone,
    Looking to buy my first vintage Seamaster and wanted to get thoughts on this watch. The price is $750 and everything is original.
    Cheers,
    AJ
    [​IMG] OmeSeaSSAutCalFOOTYFull (1).jpg

OmeSeaSSAutCalFOOTYFull (2).jpg OmeSeaSSAutCalFOOTYFull (3).jpg OmeSeaSSAutCalFOOTYFull.jpg
  2. lillatroll Jan 25, 2017

Hello AJ,
    I am looking at the pictures from my mobile so.it might be that but if these are the pictures from the seller, and there are no close ups it is difficult to say what is good and what is bad, if anything, about the watch. If you can get some close ups then it will be easier to comment.

3. arajohn Jan 25, 2017

4. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Jan 26, 2017

I am a big fan of the ref# 166.002. This one is a little unique, in that it has both the Seamaster and Geneve monikers. Seller mentions a new crystal but does not state it to be Omega. I think the crown is a replacement. It appears to be a little large for this case reference, but not a big deal.
    At $750 usd it is a little higher than I would pay. I think a reasonable price would be in the $500 area.
    Here is one of mine.
    2016-12-24 001.JPG

Tritium likes this.
  5. WatchWarlock Jan 26, 2017

Looks fishy. Notice how the Seamaster font is thicker than the Geneve? I think it was added on IMO.

6. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Jan 26, 2017

I noticed that too. You may be right.
    Looking again at the close ups I see some pitting next to the strap that would cause some devaluation.

7. arajohn Jan 26, 2017

I really like your watch, thanks for the picture. What is the value of an example like this?

8. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Jan 26, 2017

Value is what you can get for the watch on any given day. I think I paid just under $600 a year ago.

tyrantlizardrex likes this.