Forums Latest Members
  1. martingue Jan 8, 2020

Hello,

I am posting here as I just received a Omega seamaster from my father. it was first owned by my grandfather, this to say that it is quite old I think.

I have few questions:

what is the exact reference of this watch?

what is the estimate date of manufacture?

is the watch strap original?

when I try to adjust date I have a strange result:

the crown can be move to 2 position as we see a lot. the first position give me the possibility to adjust time.

I believe the second position is for the date but here is the problem. I can't adjust date by moving the crown whatever the direction.

the date will change only when I move the crown to position 2, it will move up to the next day then if I want to go further I must put back the crown to position 0 then again to position 2 etc....

I have never seen that before, I believe this is not normal but I would like a confirmation.

I attach pictures, I have not opened it yet.

Thank you for your help.

Martin

IMG-1764.JPG IMG-1763.JPG IMG-1402.JPG
  2. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Jan 8, 2020

3. Shabbaz Jan 8, 2020

A lot of vintage omega's had a fixoflex bracelet. Possible the bracelet was bought original together with the watch but it's not omega.

Maybe it has a caliber 565 inside with a quick set function. Pull and push to change date.

4. martingue Jan 9, 2020

Hello,

thank you for yours answers.

I think I need to service it anyway as now I can't anymore change the date and when I try to adjust the time it will block me when I reach 10pm10. I think it is related to the date disk that is most probably damaged and this is why I have a strange result when I put the crown in position 2.

@Shabbaz so it does exist this option of pull and push to change the date?

Thanks

5. ChrisN Jan 9, 2020

As @Shabbaz says, the push/pull is a feature of the 565 (and some other calibres). These instructions all relate to the 565, for the men's watches:
    http://www.old-omegas.com/sea71-565.html

If I understood your explanation, you weren't getting a strange result but it needs a service so, any issues should be resolved then.

Cheers, Chris

Shabbaz likes this.
  6. Shabbaz Jan 9, 2020

Where you at? Maybe we can recommend a watchmaker in your neighbourhood