Forums Latest Members
  1. DenizG Feb 17, 2017

Hello Everybody,
    I was watching a Omega Seamster on ebay and was thinking of buying it. But I could not find any reference in the internet for it. Maybe you guys can give me a hint on this one.
    So as it looks like it should be a Omega Seamaster from 1977 with a Omega 1020 movement. I checked the serial number and it adds up to the production year. Neverthelss the model number is a ridle for me. In the back of the case it is stated as 8406766. I googled this reference number but there is no watch like this. It also says "Star Watch Case Co." which apperently made some cases for Omega.

The watch also had a engraving on its back saying someting like thank you for 25 years of work at our company.

I don't know if a fake watch would go so far and make a engraving on the back? What you guys think?

s-l1600-3.jpg s-l1600-2.jpg s-l1600.jpg
  2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Feb 17, 2017

The case reference is 6357, it is correct.

US delivery.

davten likes this.
  3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 17, 2017

Bezel is 10k gold filled the rest is stainless , it's real. US market watch.

4. DenizG Feb 18, 2017

Thank you for the quick response. One more question, what would be a fair price for this watch? Lets say with normal wear and running movement and engraving on the back?

5. duffy7 Feb 18, 2017

The second hand is missing. Don't know how easy it is to find a replacement for this one.

6. Canuck Feb 18, 2017

The case back appears to have been crushed inwards with the result that it is dragging on the rotor. The dark concentric ring inside the case back corresponds with the dark ring on the rotor. You don't show an exterior view of the case back, but I suspect the damage would show an equivalent concentric dent. The caliber 1020 is not considered by many to be one to be sought after. I'd avoid it, myself. This is a dog from another town!

Foo2rama likes this.