Forums Latest Members
  1. Siipiveikko Jan 28, 2018

Hello friends,

I just got a new keeper to our family. I believe this Omega Seamaster is around 1950's comparing my other 2622-1 (265) model.

I shall go with my new baby to watch service tomorrow and let them do the best for service. I probably made a mistake and pulled the spring twice - the watch kept time both times as 12 hours and then it just stopped. Well, let's see what the clock smith is going to say... The purchasing price was US$ 150 so I do not loose much money if it's totally broken.

What would be your opinions, should I ask them to make a total renovation or just polishing a little and repair it just to work? Patina is nice also. Can you evaluate anything about the manufacturing year from the photos?
    omedasm1.jpg omedasm2.jpg OmegaSeamaster.jpg

heavenscloud likes this.
  2. fjf Jan 28, 2018

Siipiveikko likes this.
  3. Siipiveikko Jan 29, 2018

Thanks fjf for Your reply,

Mr Clock Smith had very similar ideas how to fix and clean my Omega as you have. I understood that the reason it stopped to walk was only it was dry. No polishing, just cleaning everything with new plastic lens and new black bracelet. That's going to be awesome original piece of time :)

Cal 268, Case no. 14389-2, approx 1958-59 by the Omega list...

omedasm4.jpg

omedasm3.jpg

4. Edward53 Jan 29, 2018

Why do you want to fit a new crystal? You have the original crystal there, I can clearly see the Omega symbol in the centre. Those scratches will polish out and it will be absolutely fine.

As @fjf said above, that is the only thing you should polish. We do occasionally use bad language here, sometimes you will see the F word, but if there is one word we don't like, it's the P word!

5. Siipiveikko Jan 29, 2018

You are absolutely right, probably he just wanted to sell me a new crystal by his recommendation. I know I'll get the old one for me, so I'll polish it and replace it later on.

Understood, never ever polish :D

Edward53 likes this.
  6. Peturbed Jan 29, 2018

That's a very lovely find which will be a wonderful watch and it looks totally untouched. Well done on getting this!

Siipiveikko and Jerseyhammer like this.
  7. fjf Jan 29, 2018

Siipiveikko likes this.
  8. Siipiveikko Feb 20, 2018

I got my babe back today!
    IMG_20180220_121213_928.jpg

cbruce, Merick and Vitezi like this.