Forums Latest Members
  1. prawncracker Jan 12, 2017

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum and new to the vintage watch scene as a whole. Basically, I was looking for my first reasonably priced time piece to start the collection and after looking through eBay and some of the threads around here, I am getting a little overwhelmed with information.

I am looking at one particular listing on eBay and whilst the photos looks good and the dial and movement seem to match photos of other similar watch online, I would rather not start off my collection with a dud if I didn't have to.

Was hoping for some guidance on whether the watch I am looking at is indeed genuine. I've attached some photos of the watch in question (Omega Seamaster 166010, 562 Movement)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

Ken

0.png

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

2. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jan 12, 2017

Hello and welcome. I'll look more carefully at the watch in a minute, but you do need to explain a screen name of prawncracker and an avatar pic of a sheep?

3. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jan 12, 2017

The watch looks pretty good
    - not a fake!
    - original dial!
    - case and movement match (ie someone hasn't taken a movement from one watch and put it in another
    - movement looks fairly clean.

What price are they after?

4. prawncracker Jan 12, 2017

Thanks bud

Prawncracker is a screename I use on my online gaming and forum accounts. Not sure how that came abit but it's stuck with me. I don't usually steer too far from stock avatar but I was recently down south for a holiday and there was this sheep that was following us around quite a bit whenever we pop out of our cottage and she was absolutely adorable hence I've used that.

Totally unrelated but yes :p

Thanks for looking at the watch. Most of the photo I've seen seem to suggest that it's legit but you can never be too careful. The seller claims that he is a watch maker and have taken apart and clean all the components prior to listing.

It's an auction so not sure what it will fetch but it's sitting at $350 at the moment.

Ken