Forums Latest Members
  1. JohnnyT Apr 6, 2017

hello group

Please have a look at this dial...can't find another example leading me to believe it's fake?

Thanks

IMG_0012.JPG
  2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 6, 2017

Your not looking hard enough.

efauser likes this.
  3. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Apr 6, 2017

No, we don't know how much it's worth, either.

4. JohnnyT Apr 6, 2017

Tough crowd...just wanted to know if it was a fake dial. I'm not asking how much it's worth. The lume looked odd and I couldn't find a dial with the same minute markers (not lining up to the triangular markers).

Edited Apr 6, 2017
  5. redpcar Apr 6, 2017

You are looking to buy this watch? Or do you own it?

6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 6, 2017

My point was it looks very similar to an easy to google watch. Your original post makes it seem like you could not even find something close. Perhaps you did and have specific issues with the dial you want to know about. The members here are not a free service to tell you everything about a watch. But if you come forward with what you've found and have nonbroad questions then people will take time out of their day to assist you.

7. Edward53 Apr 7, 2017

I'd steer well clear of that watch.

8. JohnnyT Apr 7, 2017

Thanks,

I've compared this dial to others of the era and the closest I've found was the ranchero. This dial has lume only painted half way on the triangle markers and the minute markers don't extent to the edges of the triangle markers like those I've found. The crown is a replacement and the movement (284) dates to 1956. The case is marked omega but doesn't have a model number stamped on the inner case back. The seamasters from this era had many different dials but I would expected to find something close to this one. Since I haven't I thought this dial was a repro?

9. JohnnyT Apr 7, 2017

I own it and have concerns I bought it now that I got it home in the light of day...

10. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Apr 7, 2017

Hello Johnny,
    If you had provided a bit more of a back story and introduction perhaps even adding an avatar then you may have received more friendly replies. We get a fair few fly by night visitors here, who are not always polite and then run when they get the info they want, or refuse to accept if the news is bad.
    I would suggest the dial on your watch is not fake but has likely been repainted. For a more in depth analysis, more pictures are required including a shot of the movement and the inside of the caseback.
    Stick around and participate and you will probably be able to buy a better example next time.
    Cheers