Forums Latest Members

Omega Seamaster Diver Chronometer Question

1. taz101 Aug 23, 2014

Hi Guys

Brand new here and just taken my dive into getting the watch I've wanted since seeing my friends Quartz version 13 years ago. I bought it from an Omega re-seller (Ernst Jones) new with warranty etc etc I've just got a couple of quick questions.

1) My clasp appears to NOT have the 'Omega Seamaster Professional' on it. I did query that and he said it was on the 'old version' which I assume he meant the Quartz. Can anyone confirm who has a recent Automatic Seamaster (as in bought new in the last few months) that this is the case and your clasp looks like mine?

2) I'm 90 percent sure I have the 'Standard' size Seamaster 41mm apose to the 'Midsize' (which I really don't want) but I cant help but think the watch looks a bit 'small' compared with a Tag Forumula One I have which is I think 42mm.

3) Can anyone confirm that the Omega warranty includes a service in that time as part of the warranty i.e that doesn't have to be paid for additionally? I purchased their 5 year Platinum Cover from Ernst Jones who told me that it covers any mechanical issues in the 5 years as well as servicing.

Thanks!

Taz

[​IMG]

picture upload

Spy likes this.
  2. LeDave Aug 23, 2014

Yes the new bracelets have only Omega engraved on it. Yes it Is 41mm. That's all I can answer. Maybe someone else can answer the rest. I have the exact same piece as you. Enjoy!

3. taz101 Aug 24, 2014

Hi LeDave et all

With respect, how can you tell it's the 41mm version from this picture? Is there anyway of distinguishing it from the midsize definitively?

4. taz101 Aug 25, 2014

So just to pick this up again, could anyone tell me how to measure to triple check I have the full size and not the mid size watch? I am measuring from the very edge of the actual watch to the other to get the mm size?

5. Wolf9827 Aug 25, 2014

Don´t remember were I read it, but Omega measures the distance from one lug to the opposite one (in the middle of the lugs, form the back of the watch and across the watch).
    You can also measure from the position at "8" to the position at "2". This should be slightly more than the method above because of the bezel diameter.
    Since a mid-size is 36,25 mm in diameter and the full size is 41 mm, you can´t go wrong even if you find a small difference.
    Hope this helps and correct me if I´m wrong in the first method.

Regards.