Forums Latest Members
  1. seamonster Respectable Member Feb 5, 2012

Respectable Members

On the 70's Seamaster diver 120m, model reference 166.073, I observed the following.

On the outside of the case-back,
    AA) just the Seamonster and 'Seamaster' + Omega logo (just like many of the non-diver watches)
    BB) Seamonster and 'Seamaster' + Omega logo, as well as, 'Certified High Pressure Waterproof'

On the dial,
    CC) many come with 'Seamaster 120'
    DD) just 'Seamaster' and without the '120'

Are there reasons for this?

Thank-you.
    AA.jpg BB.jpg CC.jpg DD.jpg AA)

BB.jpg BB)

CC.jpg CC)

DD.jpg DD)

2. ulackfocus Feb 5, 2012

I can't tell you about the caseback, but the 120 could be on the dial or not and I don't know if there was any rhyme or reason to it. I've seen the same thing on the Seamaster 60 dive series from the 60's too.

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 5, 2012

I really like these BTW, especially on mesh, it captures that sort of 60s era of diving brilliantly much like my SM300, makes me think of the scenes in Thunderball.

Its a dive watch that was meant for diving not for dress, and has that vulgar edgy look to it that Omega is famous for in its heavy duty sports watches.

4. seamonster Respectable Member Feb 6, 2012

Respectable Member dsio

Thanks for the response.

The bracelet looks good but with a NATO, it will look even better, I reckon.

Thank-you.

5. seamonster Respectable Member Feb 6, 2012

Respectable Member ulackfocus

Thanks for your response.

It is rather strange and maybe, only Omega Switzerland can give us the answer to these questions.

Thank-you.