Forums Latest Members
  1. arajohn Aug 5, 2016

2. Edward53 Aug 5, 2016

I am highly suspicious of 560 series black dials but this one looks ok to me. The fonts are all correct, the letters line up in the right position and I can't see any mistakes with the minute markers. It is difficult to be certain because the crystal is scuffed and it's hard to tell whether any marks are on it or the dial, but if I had to pick I'd say it has the original finish. A thorough perusal of his other watch auctions past and present is needed.

Added: A quick look at his completed listings shows he sold this watch on 1 August for $307. Wonder why it was returned?

3. arajohn Aug 5, 2016

Thanks very much for responding, I contacted the seller and he said that is was relisted due to a nonpayment

4. arajohn Aug 5, 2016

I just missed on winning the auction on 8-1. I believe it sold for $412. Is this a fair price for a watch like this? I am planning on putting a black leather strap

5. Edward53 Aug 5, 2016

Typo there by me, yes you're right it was $407 + postage. Personally I think that is a very acceptable price to pay for a black dial, but it would be nice to see a couple more dial photos from different angles. If he adds them to the listing and they clearly show that the dial is original, you could end up with more competition, but if you don't ask then you're not sure what you might get. If it were me I'd ask as I'd rather risk paying more than buying a redial, but we all approach these things differently. As I said, I think this one is ok but I can't be certain.

6. arajohn Aug 5, 2016

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it, I am going to reach out to the seller, he is very prompt in his responses

7. arajohn Aug 5, 2016

According to the seller, he says that the dial looks to be all original

8. Hijak Aug 5, 2016

Looks to be nice origional dial! Case looks to be a little polished but a nice original black dial is harder to find.

9. westmtn Aug 7, 2016

I've read there were no originals with black dials and cross-hairs. Is this wrong? Or does that only apply to the 34mm size?