Forums Latest Members
  1. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Sep 24, 2013

Any decent jeweler/watch shop can take the caseback off for you while you are asking for a service quote. Take your camera with the little flower button for close-ups of movement, inside caseback and dial. I'm not so much worried about a franken as I would want to verify condition. I'm more worried about concealed damage ( the crown shows someone has been in there). This isn't such a highly collectible model that would tempt Dr. Frankenstein, but who knows. If you have a great, comfortable relationship with the seller, his pictures might be fine. Posting on here would be the rock-solid way to verify..

Don't get too down, as I said, a handsome watch.

2. prepishlypunk Sep 24, 2013

Actually dr frank has been tempted. I posted pics before I found this one of several other watches this same model that I found out he got to. Don't know the seller. Got off eBay. He said he got from an estate. I think I will take it this weekend and put some pics up here. I really want it to be all original.

3. ulackfocus Sep 24, 2013

It's a front loading watch so make sure whoever you ask to open it knows how properly pop the bezel and crystal off then split the stem.

4. prepishlypunk Sep 26, 2013

can someone tell me how to set the date on this watch?

5. 124watchfan Sep 26, 2013

It's either a quick set or not. If a quickset you just pull the crown out past the hand setting position and push back. The date should move. If it doesn't then you probably have a non quick set date. If option 1 does not work you have to either roll the hands around 24 hrs (recommended) or roll the hands from 3am backward to 9pm and then forward again from 9 to 3. Repeat until desired date is set. I do not recommend this but I've used it in a pinch. Have you found out the caliber # yet?

6. prepishlypunk Sep 26, 2013

Dont know the caliber yet. Just got it in mail today. Will take it this weekend to get pictures. I pulled the crown out to the second position and turned it but nothing happened. Also tried the 9 to 3 but that didn't work either. Is it possible that this watch has neither option?

7. 124watchfan Sep 26, 2013

1) it's not a pull and turn for the quickset. Pull out, push in. If that doesn't work probably not a quickset caliber
    2) does the date change when you roll the hands around clockwise 24 hrs? The 3am to 9pm should work but if not u are stuck with rolling the hands around 24hrs.

8. ulackfocus Sep 26, 2013

Sounds like it's in need of a service.

9. prepishlypunk Sep 26, 2013

Thanks. It's quick set. The pull out push in worked. Can you tell me where the serial number will be?

10. prepishlypunk Sep 27, 2013

I took some better photos. How can I tell if the crystal is original? The scratches can be seen more in this photo than the original I posted. Would it have to be replaced or could it be polished? Does your opinion on the overall condition of the watch change with these better photos? Also, I was told the crown needs to be replaced, but I don't see the problem with it. What exactly is wrong with the crown? Thanks.
    http://imgur.com/7eerRLX
    http://imgur.com/9z7EVUj
    http://imgur.com/coHlve9

11. prepishlypunk Sep 27, 2013

12. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Sep 27, 2013

Nothing is wrong with that crown, maybe the seal in it needs to be replaced then you will have an ugly (not original crown) with new seal in it. It's up to you to keep it or have it replaced.

The serial # is right here, on the movement, you cannot see it from outside.

[​IMG]

and here are some more pics for you to know what's inside

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]