Omega Seamaster Deville 14K shell, cal 560 with transparent caseback

Hi All,

I'm new to collecting vintage Omegas so I was hoping to get an education/help from members of the forum. I know a seller that has several vintage Omegas and I'll start a thread for each one I am potentially interested in. This is the first one. Attached are some pics that are available and below is the information the seller has provided. Does this raise any red flags for anyone? And if this seems legit, what would be a fair price to offer (please be sincere in this feedback - I want to offer the seller a realistic price but one that is not unfair to me). Thanks!

Info:
Swiss watch brand Omega Seamaster Deville 14K gold casing, transparent case back, cal 560. This watch is a super rare type, difficult to find for world watch collectors because:
  • This watch uses a 560 movement - a rare movement because Omega only produced 3,000 Omega 560 movements (from serial number 16 million to serial number 23 million);
  • Omega only produced about 6-12 bottom clocks Omega 560 used as a model for the Omega watch dealers in the US. The purpose was to introduce customers to the Omega 560 model used for the Omega Seamaster Deville single-bottom KL case between 1959-1967.
  • As a commercial product of Omega, this watch is marketed in very limited numbers.
The watch is original (except for the leather strap and buckle), runs well, looks good after more than half a century of travel and timekeeping.

Check out Desmond's article ( http://omega-constellation-collectors.blogspot.com/2008/11/rare-seamaster-deville-prototype.html ) for more information on this unique watch model.

Omega Seamaster DeVille Caliber 560: Vintage Pre-market - Prototype - Exhibition Display Back - Salesman's Sampler - 'Kleerback' Watch
The movement, Omega caliber 560 automatic with 17 jewels, is very clean and is in mint condition marked Omega Watch Co. Swiss, Adjusted Two (2) Positions Seventeen 17 Jewels, 560, 20xxxxxx dating back the watch to about the year 1963. The case is 100% original and is in mint condition with light signs of wear. The dial is 100% original but does show very tiny marks. The crystal and crown looks original with an Omega simple signed. The watch comes with a high quality camel grain leather strap and Omega signed buckle. The watch is running and keeping excellent time.
This is an extremely rare and special pre-market, prototype or sampler Omega, not an ordinary Omega Seamaster De Ville watch. There is a great story behind this little know watch, which only 6-12 of these are said to have been produced. Please have a look on Desmond's article about this rare pre-market display back sampler Omega Seamaster Deville Caliber 560 at http://omega-constellation-collectors.blogspot.com/2008/11/rare-seamaster-deville-prototype.html .