Forums Latest Members
  1. noble_rot Jan 15, 2023

Hi everyone, I would like to buy my first Omega Seamaster, I've looked around a lot but I don't have much experience. What do you think of watch? are there non-original parts? in the winding wheel I don't see the omega logo which is usually found in all of them and furthermore the font of the writing seems different to me from others I have observed. What would your rating be? I'm curious! :) thanks for your availability

i.png e.jpg r.jpg s-l1600g.png 8.png p.png o.png i.jpg s-l1600t.jpg s-l1600i.png s-l1600f.jpg s-l1600d.jpg s-l1600a.png s-l1600.png
  2. MtV Jan 15, 2023

Crown is a random replacement, case is heavily polished, I believe the hands might be incorrect - at least I’ve never seen cigarette style hands on those.

Also, the dial damage is rather unappealing, at least to my eye. It’s one of those watches of which I’d estimate the value to be roughly gold value + movement value.

I’d keep on looking. They aren’t rare by any means, much nicer examples for reasonable money come up relatively regularly.

YYTIN, lindo and noble_rot like this.
  3. noble_rot Jan 15, 2023

thank you very much for your opinion :) the crown seemed to me not original too. the person told me that the watch works and has been serviced. what do you think the right price would be?

4. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jan 15, 2023

This one would be a hard pass regardless of price, condition is quite poor as previously noted.

YYTIN, noble_rot and MtV like this.
  5. noble_rot Jan 15, 2023

mmh I understand what you are saying, thank you for the time. but apart from the stain. Do you think the rest with an overhaul could improve the situation? how much would you pay for it?

6. Alex Cheers Jan 15, 2023

Maybe the message was lost in translation: do not buy this watch.

Did you see there is a sales section on this forum? You will find lovely watches there with a bit of patience ;)

Riewaldt, noble_rot and X350 XJR like this.
  7. MtV Jan 15, 2023

“Apart from the stain”… well, that’s a major thing, really. It’s a thick, ugly stain in the middle of the dial. And it won’t go away. Neither will the polished lugs find their way back to shape. A service, if done well, might insure it runs alright - but it’ll always be an ugly duckling. That’s why the question “how much would you pay for it?” doesnt really lead anywhere. What we’re saying is that we don’t really want it regardless of the price.

Sure, if you can get it for 500$ it might be “worth it”, as in “you can get more money back for the gold value and the movement”. But then, that’s just trying to make a few $ and doesn’t bring you a nice watch and the seller certainly won’t sell it for that kind of money.

Those cases aren’t heavy, so the gold value isn’t that much, they can regularly be found for ~1500$ or a bit more. Here’s a 14k example I sold I think about 2 years ago for 1450$:
    735015B2-1F3C-4742-A609-EE22E4BA15D0.jpeg

Now, I’m not saying this to make you jealous, but to show you good ones are out there for reasonable amounts. And by the way, I sold it on Chrono24 and it took 10 days or so to find a buyer. It’s not like it was gone within seconds and I was overwhelmed by interested parties…

dsio, lindo and noble_rot like this.
  8. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Jan 15, 2023

On top of everything else, You have to ask the question - why is the 9 index turned through 180 degrees?

nicks, Pvt-Public, lindo and 2 others like this.
  9. Hakantasova Jan 15, 2023

İ would buy it for 700-800$ with this condition

noble_rot likes this.
  10. noble_rot Jan 15, 2023

thanks to all of the advice, I too had noticed these defects and it was the reason for my hesitation about it. Now I have much clearer ideas! The 180-degree rotated indicator and the crown also seemed strange to me. I just wanted to understand from more experienced people how serious the problems were. Thanks again :)

11. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 15, 2023

That is a very nice De Ville, particularly those technical dials with sub-seconds they look great!

MtV likes this.