Forums Latest Members
  1. eelpie Jun 9, 2015

I have a 60s vintage Omega Seamaster De Ville Automatic Date that is very nice, except for a sun-damaged dial.

The watch is very pretty otherwise, and I've decided to have the dial refinished, but in a dark blue or purple instead of the standard silver.

Does anyone have a dial refinisher to recommend? I'm pretty picky, and I'd want something worth keeping . . .

2. Giff2577 Quick with the tools! Jun 9, 2015

Do you want something worth keeping...or a purple dial? ;)

3. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Jun 9, 2015

and here is where the collector goes batshit insane if you want to customize your own watch that you paid for.

It's been ages and ages since I had a dial refinished but I believe that International is pretty good.

Tom

Giff2577 likes this.
  4. Mitka Jun 9, 2015

Sure you can't clean the dial and revarnish?

5. Giff2577 Quick with the tools! Jun 9, 2015

6. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jun 9, 2015

any photos?

7. redpcar Jun 9, 2015

International Dial can do good and bad work. Depends on the dial and the screens they have in stock. Guarantee that they cannot match the original quality especially if you are picky about the "Swiss" at the bottom. My first preference would be to look on line for a nicer example OR buy a crappy one and have it refinished.

8. ulackfocus Jun 9, 2015

And rightfully so because once original is gone you can't get it back again - and we've seen TOO MANY members who regret redials later in their watch collecting careers.

It isn't a surprise to see a comment like that coming from you though. Thanks for the addition!

- some random batshit insane member. ::bleh:: :D

Not for Omega. Hamilton, yes. Maybe @X350 XJR / Norm will be able to recommend somebody.

9. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jun 9, 2015

True, but lets wait and see photos. For all we know the dial may be completely gone. Or already a redial?

10. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jun 9, 2015

A watch dial is a lot like your skin. If it's just dirty, it may be possible to clean it.

Most of the time, the damage is from sun or UV (radium) exposure. Like age spots, it can't be washed off.

If that's the issue, the dial can only be replaced or refinished.
    gatorcpa