Forums Latest Members
  1. Jor_gran Sep 10, 2017

Hello, i just started to get interested in buying vintage watches, specially Omegas. I found this Seamaster cosmic but the owner doesn't have much information about it and these are the only two pictures he sent me. Can you guys please help me with more information about it? maybe a price range for these watches? Thank you very much!!

omega Seamaster Cosmic.jpg
  2. Woodward Sep 12, 2017

On the back of your watch you will find the Omega reference number - it´s a unique number for this particular model. On the watch it is listed as "136016" but the correct format is 136.016. On earlier Omegas you will have to look at the inside of the caseback for this number.
    Start by googling "Omega 136.016", and you will find information and pictures. The Seamaster Cosmic is not the most popular model of the late sixties (not really sure why), but it´s great quality and due to the unusual design of the back, it´s very comfortable to wear.

You may also want to have a look in the Omega Vintage database online. When you enter the ref. number as search criteria, you need to add an extra zero after the dot, like this: "136.0016".

You should be able to come up with this:
    https://www.omegawatches.com/planet-omega/heritage/vintage-details/25949/

Best regards

adibou, Jor_gran and mikechi22 like this.
  3. mikechi22 Sep 12, 2017

I think these are awesome watches! I'd get one myself if I hadn't already gone crazy buying Dynamics from the same era. That being said, I don't dig the one you're posting. It looks a little beaten up and doesn't have the aesthetics of many of its brothers. One just closed on eBay that was a real gem - outwardly anyway!

Jor_gran likes this.
  4. Screwbacks Sep 12, 2017

part of my few favorite omega models.

cosmic manual and automatic.

IMG_20170912_195915.png IMG_20170912_195830.png
    Jor_gran and mikechi22 like this.
  5. chipsotoole Sep 12, 2017

I love my Cosmic. They seem to be sleepers in the collecting world, especially from the 66-69 era. I think they look best with original bracelets if you can find one.

Jor_gran and mikechi22 like this.
  6. Jor_gran Sep 19, 2017

Thank you for your response, it helped a lot. I've been researching a lot about it and I'm gonna buy it, I just need the seller to meet me at a good price point.

7. Jor_gran Sep 19, 2017

I really like the automatic with the day date function but I can't seem to find one in my country, I live in El Salvador and I just came up with these two omegas almost by chance. I think that if I can get them at the right price then it will be a gem.

Screwbacks likes this.
  8. Jor_gran Sep 19, 2017

I searched for them on ebay and you are right, this is not the most aesthetic of the family lol. The thing is that I found it by chance and I think that if the price is right it won't matter its not the prettiest because of the circumstances I found it.

9. mikechi22 Sep 20, 2017

Your post inspired me to burn more cash, and I ended up buying this one!

IMG_2217.JPG

There's an identical one on eBay for half what I paid and I'll share the link below.

Is it a problem having a US seller ship to El Salvador? Or are you really trying to hold down your cost?

The one still for sale:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/182763873902Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

This guy didn't give me correct caliber info which made me suspicious a little. He had good ratings though.

A really great OF member and seller named NoMercy has one more similar to the one you posted. He's done work for me and he's great. He's based in Vietnam and may not be scared away by shipping to Central America. His prices are similar to eBay vendor but with OF listing, there's no doubt everything is legit and watch is fully serviced.

Jor_gran likes this.
  10. Jor_gran Sep 20, 2017

Thank you very much! The above is the model that I liked the most I will contact the seller!!!

11. Jor_gran Sep 20, 2017

BTW I'm trying to negotiate the above mechanical cosmic and the one in the picture I'm attaching for $200.00. I still need to send it to the jeweler but I think it will be worth it! What do you guys think?

omega vintage.jpg
  12. mikechi22 Sep 20, 2017

$200 seems like a manageable price. I'm afraid I'm not expert enough to comment, especially with no view of the movement. I've personally never managed to get an Omega for less than that amount so you're probably safe!

13. WatchVaultNYC Sep 21, 2017

Cosmics - big, chunky, wears really modern. You have to pop the movement out from the front though. Not sure why they are not more popular. But that's a good thing, right?

mikechi22 likes this.
  14. Screwbacks Sep 21, 2017

not easy to open a single-piece case cosmic watches (no caseback) like mine. that's what makes this worth collecting.

Edited Sep 21, 2017