Forums Latest Members

SOLD 38mm Omega Seamaster Cosmic 2000 Reference 166.137

1. bigsom Sep 2, 2017

Searched for a long time before I found one in this condition and with the original bezel intact. Doesn't get the wrist time it used to, so it's time to move it on to a new home!

Movement:
    Omega caliber 1012, service history unknown. Currently running face up +20 s/day and 230 amplitude. Hacking, quick set date change, and manual winding all work flawlessly. These watches are front loaders and require specialized tools to get at the movement - the previous owner stated the serial dated to 1973 (so 36mil or there abouts) - but I have not confirmed it.

Case:
    Stainless steel case measuring 38mm without the crown. Unpolished and good condition with small nicks along the sides of the lugs. I've tried to take photos in harsh lighting to exaggerate the nicks as much as possible. I also have the receipt for pressure test to 5 bar which was performed in September 2016.

Bezel: Service bezel from Omega is currently mounted (the box for the service bezel will be included). Also including the original bakelite bezel with tritium markers. The original bezel is in very good condition with just very minor fading, I've taken photos to exaggerate the defects as much as possible. Most of the bezels I've seen around have cracks or significant discoloration. After UV charging the original bezel glows appropriately for 5 seconds and fades commensurate with the age of the watch.

Dial: Completely original and untouched. Markers in fantastic condition with intact tritium lume. After UV charging glows appropriately for 5 seconds similar to the bezel.

Hands: Marks from service but are original to the watch. Tiny sub mm fragment of tritium lume missing from the minute hands. All hands are original to the watch. Please note that the whiteness you see on the minute hands is from the lighting, it is stailness steel and silver in color.

Crown: Big crown which is awesome to use. Good condition with clearly defined logo.

Bracelet: Correct integrated bracelet 1198/195 with enough room to accommodate a 7.75 inch wrist (mine is 7.5 - please see wrist shot for wear). No bent links and minor scratches are present. Original clasp in excellent condition.

Box: Comes with white outer and wooden inner box. These came with the watch when I bought it, I do not know if they are original to the watch.

Price: There haven't been many of these for sale in the last 6 months or so, and few with good condition original bezels and dials. I'm asking 1650 USD net to me which at this time is the lowest price for a 166.137 that I can find on C24 or the forums.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bigsom Sep 4, 2017

Happy labor day bump!

3. bigsom Sep 7, 2017

Bump for a really cool reference in original condition!

4. MikeMan2727 Sep 7, 2017

It's awesome that you still have the original bezel! I haven't seen too many in this condition...GLWS!

bigsom likes this.
  5. bigsom Sep 8, 2017

OHPF!

Spacefruit, oddboy and X350 XJR like this.
  6. bigsom Sep 8, 2017

And sold! Thanks of and buyer, staying in the family!

Tennos, X350 XJR and oddboy like this.
  7. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Sep 8, 2017

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Tennos and bigsom like this.