Forums Latest Members

Omega Seamaster Cosmic 166026-T00L 107 - Purchase Advice Please

1. Ukyo8 Jul 25, 2016

Hello fellow Omega fans,

If someone could help me with this purchase it would be greatly appreciated.

Through sheer luck I have gotten the opportunity to buy this fantastic looking Omega Seamaster from a respected client of mine.

He is the original owner of this watch (He is about 80 years young)
    Comes without papers.
    Has the original metal Omega bracelet with the Omega clasp which is more valuble than the leather strap from what I understand with my limited knowledge.

I got a chance to inspect the watch in person and it seems genuine to me, would you agree?

Watch has never been polished which is probably a good thing.
    Crystal is cracked, watch needs a bit of gentle cleaning to get some of the lint and grime out from in between the bracelet links.

Most recent service was done by an Omega dealer 5 years ago
    Seems to run very well and the date function is in working order as well.

So does this look genuine to you?

What is this watch worth?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Cheers

20160725_102421.jpg 20160725_102508.jpg
  2. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Jul 25, 2016

Damn! That's some serious wrist cheese...

Yes it looks genuine to me and is probably worth about $400 to $500 USD.

Spend a little time on eBay and you'll get something of a sense of it's value.

A new crystal and a trip to the watch spa for a good soak in the ultrasonic bath for that bracelet will do wonders for it.

3. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Jul 25, 2016

What he said... check the "sold listings", what someone is asking is not always indicative of what it's worth.
    The bracelet does add value, but I think that the watch is worth less than ahposo estimates.
    The price of a new Omega crystal is somewhat costly. Probably near $50+- and then installation.
    As it happens, I purchased this Cosmic about an hour ago for a little over $200 US.
    http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages...302224,907302244&formats=0,0,0,0,0,0&format=0

While it is not an apples to apples comparison it will give you an idea of the range.

4. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Jul 25, 2016

5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 25, 2016

$400-500 sounds fine for this model with bracelet. New Crystal and crown with a service will bring it up great. Had one done by AL not long ago.

6. Ukyo8 Jul 26, 2016

Where would be the best place to buy a replacement crystal?

Tried looking and the only place I found was ofrei.com but right at the top of the page it says they not longer supply Omega parts.

Thank you for your help

7. themarshmall0w Jul 26, 2016

There is a way to take the crystal off without tool 107. You can pull the crown off by pinching it with your fingernails. Then you take some canned compressed air and seal the case tube with the straw and blow the crystal off. You can order a generic crystal off of casker.com just make sure you get your measurements right. Installing it could get tricky since you do need a case press tool in order to get the crystal in. Sometimes you can get lucky by just using your thumbs and pushing it in but one side always goes down a little further down than the other. I would always suggest taking it in to an AD for genuine parts and service.

8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 26, 2016

Questionable advice all around - sorry! Using canned air can have some nasty consequences if done improperly (with too much pressure) so using a hand bulb style blower would be safer. I know this from first hand experiences too! Better yet the Tool 107 (or a regular crystal lift if you are replacing the crystal) is a better option.

I would advise against using a generic crystal, as those don't have the proper stepped tension ring in them. A properly fitting tension ring crystal can't be installed with finger pressure - you need a press.

Taking it to an AD (if they service it via Omega) would not only be quite expensive, but they would replace parts that will detract from this watch potentially. Better off finding a watchmaker with an Omega parts account who will do only what the owner desires, rather than apply strict corporate policies to the servicing of this watch.

Cheers, Al

9. ulackfocus Jul 26, 2016

I can take off a crystal with a baseball bat, hockey stick, or M80. That's only slightly more careless advice than above. :D

Spacefruit likes this.
  10. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Jul 26, 2016

Why not try WD-40 and duct tape?

11. Henri68 Jul 26, 2016