Forums Latest Members
  1. M.M May 5, 2011

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but I was wondering if anyone is familiar with servicing a a vintage watch?

I have an Omega Seamaster Chronostop (about '68 I believe) which 90% of the time runs fine. It keeps time to with -5sec a day and until recently never skipped a beat. I've noticed lately that sometimes though it can magically drop half an hour in the space of an afternoon. Example..... I'll check it at lunchtime and then check it around the finish time of work and half an hour has vanished. The watch is running fine and keeps time (minus the missing half hour) without a problem.....it's like someone has switched the power off and then turned it back on.

I'm going to head to a watchmaker but before I do I just wanted to see if anyone can shed some light on whats going on and if I can expect lots of hassles or a costly repair?

Cheers

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 5, 2011

With an indy shop I'd expect the repair to not be too bad, can you post some pics? Those were some cool models back then, not very long production runs and a lot of variety, very cool pieces