Forums Latest Members
  1. alex21 Jan 17, 2015

Hello, I would like to show you my first vintage Omega purchase. I tried to buy tone of these watches couple of times, but offers raised over the budget I set for this first "mission" :D I think it can be considered a well balanced watch, stylistically talking, though a quite simple watch. The size is 41mm, and sits very well on my wrist.
    The watch is rugged and not in mint condition, works and was without a strap nor bracelet. Now I think I'll just clean it a little bit and maybe, in the future, I'll renew couple of components ( dial, bezel for ex. What would you do? ).
    I post some pictures I took this morning (sorry if are not that good...first time I post a vintage watch and take pictures of it).
    I hope you enjoy, and I would like to receive some comments from more expert people, both good or bad :p 145.008 Front.jpg 145.008 Side.jpg 145.008 Back.jpg
    I think this is a initial letter of a name and then a surname ( E. Reforsado ). What do you think about? 145.008 Inner Caseback.jpg 145.008 Caliber 865.jpg image2.JPG image3.JPG 145.008 Best Front.JPG 145.008 Front Strap.jpg 145.008 Retro Strap.JPG image4.JPG

Edited Jan 17, 2015
  2. Geo! Jan 17, 2015

I really like Chronostops and in the process of resurrecting one. Enjoy! :)

alex21 likes this.
  3. alex21 Jan 17, 2015

Thanks Geo! That's what I really like about this project: the idea of taking it back to a better life :p :D
    And being in this condition, I paid it 1/4 of the prices that can be seen nowadays on the web!!

4. ChrisN Jan 17, 2015

I have a 145.007 which I've never worn as it needs a service. I think these are quite unusual and interesting as well and big enough to fit with the modern trend for larger watches. Yours has a rotating inner bezel as well which is nice (mine doesn't). I don't know what you can time in one minute (I can do perhaps Prescott hill climb in less than a minute but not much else) but it is a talking point;).

First thing would be a service. I don't know if dials are available but that can come later.

Enjoy!

Cheers, Chris

5. alex21 Jan 17, 2015

Hi Chris!

Yes, a service is already planned! :) then I'll search for components...and I agree with you: is certainly more a good starting point for a conversation then a practical tool! you can always count your heartbeat :p

Best,

Alessandro