Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Seamaster Chronostop 145.0007 - 2 year STS Warranty - Updated Photos

1. tyrantlizardrex Apr 13, 2016

Having had this watch on my WTB list for a little while, circumstances came together at the end of 2015, and I ended up buying two non running watches.

They have now both been fully refurbished by STS, including a total mechanical overhaul and full service, and a case cleanup/refinish.

To help fund future purchases, I'm putting one up for sale.

Serial 2809XXXX dates this to 1969.

This is the larger cased 145.0007 - a more modern sized watch than a lot of the other 1960's Omegas.

Condition:

Mechanically, it's just been full serviced by STS, and comes with a 2 year guarantee from them that runs until 12/04/2018.

Cosmetically:

Dial - original, the lume plots at 2, 4,. and 6 are partially degraded.
    Hands - original and good, even lume in hands
    Bezel - some spotting to the bezel between 11 and 4.
    Crown/Pusher - Replaced at Service for new Genuine Omega Parts.
    Crystal - Replaced at Service for New Genuine Omega Part.
    Case - The case has been refinished, there are some light scratches between the lugs, one small dink at 5 in the bevel, and some light scratches to the back on the main case at 12, and 5 where someone has in the past slipped with a tool.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg IMG_8264.jpg IMG_8267.jpg

Looking at eBay sold values, these seem to go anywhere between £1000 and £1500 in good condition, but unserviced.

Given that this is fully serviced, and under guarantee, but not cosmetically perfect, I'm looking for a fairly firm £1000, including PayPal Fees, and RMSD within the UK, or £10 towards international shipping costs.

I am open to close offers, and potentially to trades.

But offering me half the selling price, or a timex is going to get you a polite decline. ;)

I'm based in London, UK - Face to Face viewings are possible.

Cheers

Chris

Edited Apr 29, 2016
    Copeau, Deafboy, Hijak and 11 others like this.
  2. tyrantlizardrex Apr 14, 2016

Had a couple of messages on this, but not sold yet.

Drop me a line if you're interested. :cool:

3. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Apr 14, 2016

That is a reasonable price, shouldn't last long, especially if I didn't already have one. GLWS.

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  4. tyrantlizardrex Apr 15, 2016

Thanks Stewart!

I've been wearing the other one 2-3 times a week on a leather nato. Extremely comfortable on the wrist.

5. ChrisN Apr 15, 2016

Is that a 145.007? I think so. In which case it has a Cal 865 and is a good size, with 22 mm lugs. Might be worth mentioning the size because some of these are smaller. It looks a nice watch:thumbsup:

I also have one and they are very comfortable to wear on strap or mesh.

Regards, Chris

6. tyrantlizardrex Apr 15, 2016

Good shout Chris, updated the post. :)

Cheers, Chris.

7. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 17, 2016

8. lillatroll Apr 17, 2016

Thanks for the link. I have both the Chronostop driver with red leather strap and the jumbo Chronostop with the blue leather strap like shown in the adverts. Fantastic watches.

9. tyrantlizardrex Apr 18, 2016

Popped on a case back protector, some new spring bars, and a new Zulu Diver 22mm leather NATO.

Wrist shot as promised!

image.jpeg

jyjo180388, Pucciowitz and Lonestar like this.
  10. tyrantlizardrex Apr 20, 2016

Price drop to £950 - fully serviced with a 2 year Gaurantee, an Omega leatherette service pouch, a new ZuluDiver black leather NATO, and the warm fuzzy feel of buying from a fellow member.

Edited Apr 25, 2016
    Nitzbar, DJM74 and Lonestar like this.
  11. tyrantlizardrex Apr 21, 2016

Lots of likes in WRUW yesterday... think how nice this could look on your wrist! ;)

12. tyrantlizardrex Apr 23, 2016

And up!

13. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Apr 25, 2016

What :eek:

This one's still here? Someone please take this so I can keep my focus... it's so very nice!

14. tyrantlizardrex Apr 25, 2016

Had a couple of questions about water proofing - I didn't know the answer, so having just spoken to Simon at STS:

It has been tested under a "P6" programme, to 30m of pressure.

If it get's rained on, splashed, accidentally submerged when doing the dishes that's fine, but they do not recommend it for water sports.

As with any vintage piece, the general guidance, as far as I understand it, is to not really get them wet (divers excluded... but even then, be prepared for a seal to fail).

Edited Apr 25, 2016
    ConElPueblo likes this.
  15. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 25, 2016

16. tyrantlizardrex Apr 26, 2016

Lots of back and forth on this over the last few days.

To clarify:

I will not half the price - if you can get one in this condition, with a 2 year warranty for 1/2 the price I am asking, please do so in good health.

I will not cover the cost of international shipping - I don't send unless it's insured and signed for. I cover the cost of this in the UK. If you're outside the UK, the cost of insured signed for can be expensive. If you would like to buy from me, that's great. But expecting me to cover the cost, not so great.

I will not cover your customs/import duty - Again. I'm in the UK, if you're outside the EU, and you want to buy from me, you will likely have to pay import duty at your end. I will not put £0.00 value on customs paperwork for you. I will not cover the cost of the duty imposed upon you as the importer.

It is not suitable for deep sea exploration - this is a freshly serviced, re-sealed, and tested watch. The general rule is that you shouldn't really be getting vintage wet. The warranty covers a certain amount of waterproofing, but this is not a dive/sports watch. It wasn't designed for swimming, or water sports. If you need a watch with those characteristics, this is not it.

I am not a trader. This is not a business venture. I'm a collector like you. Please treat me with friendly courtesy.

Three of the points above concern me taking a financial hit - selling watches for me is not a profit making exercise, my goal when moving things along is to break even, and maybe make the odd £50 here and there.

I am not making a living off of watch sales. I am not a retailer. There are no "profit margins". I'm selling at fair market rate, for what watches trade for in a given condition. If I say no to something, take it as a no. Not because I'm greedy, but because I know that you're trying it on.

Edited Apr 29, 2016
  17. tyrantlizardrex Apr 27, 2016

Price dropped to £900 - fully serviced with a 2 year Guarantee, an Omega leatherette service pouch, a new ZuluDiver black leather NATO, RMSD Shipping within the UK.

18. tyrantlizardrex Apr 29, 2016

Wearing the other one today... A very easily wearing daily vintage for those looking to dip a toes, and have the safety of a warranty... ;)

19. tyrantlizardrex Apr 30, 2016

Lots of lovely updated pictures... Come on... Someone take this little piece of awesome off my hands ;)

20. Baz9614 Apr 30, 2016

Anyone considering this piece, but are still on the fence, I can assure you that you'll be pleasantly surprised! I purchased mine a couple months ago to wear while my 165.024 is in for service, and i love it! :thumbsup: It's a great size, and feels awesome on the wrist.
    image.jpg