Forums Latest Members
  1. Viking Nov 1, 2012

Dear Members!
    My collection consist mostly of dresswatches and I am currenlty planning to get my first chronograph.
    Please give your feedback on this watch. Does it look genuine? How would you rate cal.1040, is it attractive enough or should I go for a 861 instead? Is the price reasonable and does anyone have experience from this dealer?

Best Regards

http://www.chrono24.se/omega/seamas...Söka&tab=details&urlSubpath=/search/index.htm

2. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 1, 2012

I've been watching that one for a while & I think it's the nicest one on Chrono24 or eBay at the minute.

It has the correct bracelet & end lugs and the price is reasonable compared to what others want for examples that aren't quite as good. If I had the money free at the moment it would be near the top of my shortlist.

Of course you need to check out the movement, but it is definitely worth looking at this watch more closely.

Good luck !

Ps. Cal 1040 is a good movement & its advantage over 861 is that it is automatic. Otherwise they are both good, strong movements.

3. flame Speedmaster Neil Nov 1, 2012

Hi

1040 is a great movement....here are a couple of mine:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

However , I love the 321 & 861 manual winds aswell....

Best - Neil

Taddyangle and astrosfan like this.
  4. Viking Nov 1, 2012

Thanks guys!
    Im a bit concerned they did not post pictures of the movement and case ref. However, I have asked for it and will post it here once I get it, cheers!!

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 1, 2012

Damn Neil... I want that Big Blue, it looks like it was left in a safe since Black Sabbath formed.

6. Cmore Nov 8, 2012

that is a rather superb big blue

7. Viking Nov 8, 2012

Hi!
    I have now been in contact with this dealer and they were not helpful at all, this will be a big NO GO! I asked simple questions and requested more detail pictures. They did not answer my questions nor did they send me correct pictures. However, they did send me a couple of pics, unfortunately they covered the damaged area with the hands!!!

8. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 9, 2012

What was the damage on it ?

9. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 9, 2012

10. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 9, 2012

Doesn't it just need a bit of retouching on the hands - or have I missed something ?