Omega Seamaster Chronograph 176.001

Selling my very clean Seamaster 176.001, serviced in April 2020 by Simon Freese Watchmakers. I love this watch but I’m not wearing it hardly at all and have my eye on something new, you know how it goes!

The 176.001 was Omega’s first automatic chronograph, released in 1971. Omega wasn’t the first to market with an auto-chrono, but I think the caliber 1040 is one of the best of its time. It’s incredibly legible, user-friendly, and fun to use with central chrono minutes and seconds hands in contrasting colors, a 24-hour subdial with running seconds, and a 12-hour chrono subdial. 38.5mm diameter and 15.6mm thick. Serial number 31,643,XXX is in the correct range for this reference, putting it in the first half of 1972. (See here for comparanda.)

This watch has a type A3 Dial, stick hands, and well-preserved, evenly aged lume. The case has crisp radial brushing visible across the top. There is a light scuff on the brushing near the lug at 5 o’clock, which is only visible at certain angles. The 3 o’clock side of the case has some light marks. The caseback has opener scratches, and the hippocamp logo is worn, so that it is very hard to see. The crystal has the Omega logo. The dial is beautiful, without marks, and the lume on the hands has aged nicely.

Purchased on eBay from a dealer in Portugal in early 2019, I’ve enjoyed this watch for 3 years now. I haven’t opened the case since service, but as you can see from the timegrapher photos, it’s running great. Service receipt will be included with the watch. It comes on a blue leather racing strap made by Abel Court of Heuertime, which matches the chrono hands perfectly. Read more about the 1040 family at http://www.calibre1040.com/. (Thank you @Andy K for your great work!)

$2250 shipped via Parcel Pro in the USA. Paypal F&F or Venmo preferred. I’ve sold a Speedmaster and some parts here, many more watches over at Reddit Watchexchange (PM for username). I would be happy to work out a trade up, down, or sideways (my wish list: a grey or blue dial 168.017 Constellation, Watchco SM300, Grand Seiko SBGA413, or Art Deco-style watches from the 1920s-1940s.)

Pictures follow. Questions and offers welcome!

OHPF

Now sold to a nice member. Thank you too the buyer and to the moderators for making this space available.