Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Seamaster Chrono 321 Pink gold filled (reduced)

1. Delbok Jun 4, 2018

Hi

This is my first post in the FS session and being a non native english speaker I will ask for indulgence. My photograph macro skills are also in development so of course let know should you need better pictures.
    So... in order to fund a new project a need to sell few pieces of my collection. I am offering you a very nice example of Seamaster Chronograph with the 321, pink gold filled (40µ) from 1962 with Reference 105.001-62. The serial of this caliber is 19384xxx and is correct for the period.
    I bought this watch from the daughter of the original owner after he passed away. This piece was in a pretty bad shape as I could not even notice it was a gold capped case. I had the watch serviced by a former Omega watchmaker to get it into this nice vintage look.

Let's look at pictures first
    Head.jpg
    IMG_7910.jpg
    Stamp.JPG
    The watch is in overall good condition but the case has suffered the most from the former owner with some dings on the left side and a nice round scratch on the caseback
    Ding.JPG
    Scratch1.JPG
    Scratch2.JPG

The dial has been refinished by the watchmaker who serviced it and looks in excellent conditions now.
    Hour and minute leaf hands are original and match perfectly the pink gold of the case and indices as much as the flat foot signed crown and pushers. Black chrono hands are in good conditions.

Dial good.JPG
    Dial 2.JPG
    TswissT.JPG
    Pusher1.JPG
    Pusher2.JPG
    The 321 cal has been serviced last time in january 2016 and works very well. The chronograph resets perfectly at 12.
    The serial matches the correct period.
    Cal Top.JPG
    Cal.JPG
    serial.jpg
    caseback.JPG

I am asking for this rare and nice pink gold filled chronograph 3.400 € + shipping (payment via bank transfer only).
    I am based between Paris and Berlin so of course F2F is possible. I do not accept return but will do all pictures and videos wanted to show the watch is perfectly working conditions. If anything looks undisclosed or suspicious do not hesitate to PM me. I have only been buying watches so far and unfortunately for me not on this forum so I don't have any feedback to share but I will provide all needed documents to the potential buyer.
    Thank you to the OF for the space and to all contributors for the knowledge they share every day

Edited Jan 18, 2019
    Lonestar, George.A, bardamu and 9 others like this.
  2. minutenrohr Jun 12, 2018

Sorry - it is not a "gold capped" (200microns gold on steel) case but a gilt / plaque d´or (40 microns gold on brass).

rgds - h.u.

Edited Sep 4, 2018
    qboa and Delbok like this.
  3. Delbok Sep 8, 2018

Bump and reduced at 3,600 €

4. Delbok Feb 5, 2019

Reduced at 3,400 €

5. Delbok Feb 21, 2019

Bump and reduction at 3,200 €

6. auxpomme Feb 23, 2019

Can you expand on how the dial was refinished? What work was done?

airansun likes this.
  7. Delbok Feb 24, 2019

Sure the dial has been repainted by a professional watchmaker. Here is a picture of the watch when I received it:
    Omega Seamaster Chrono.jpg

I think it's a "little" bit better with a restored dial rather than this, don't you think? :)

OMEGuy and Lonestar like this.
  8. OMEGuy Feb 24, 2019

Just interested: Why didn't you have the dial relumed after restoration?

9. Delbok Feb 24, 2019

When I got this watch restored I did not know much about reluming... if I had to do it again I would probably have the hands relumed indeed. I don't feel this is a big problem for this kind of reference but now you are talking about it of course if it's a deal breaker I am sure we could find a solution :)

10. OMEGuy Feb 24, 2019

What I meant is that the lume is missing on the dial.

11. Delbok Feb 24, 2019

Indeed it's missing on the dial too but my previous answer is also valid for the dial too. Should you be interested in it, I will have it relumed the color of your choice...

12. Delbok Feb 28, 2019

bump and decreased at 3,000 €