Forums Latest Members
  1. stefy56 Dec 8, 2016

Hello everyone, I would like to buy this
    Omega Seamaster 120m Calypso REF 196.0285
    I wanted to know if everything is in order them and what would be the right price to

pay
    thank you very much

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Canuck Dec 8, 2016

Speaking personally, I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole. The bracelet links are stamped sheet stainless steel, and the back sides of the links a beginning to "grin" (as in, stretched), the pearl is missing from the bezel, it's quartz, and it is an integral bracelet. That means the watch absolutely cannot be worn on any other attachment! When the bracelet craters, and you can't find an alternate attachment, you won't be able to wear it! If you had to replace the bracelet, and you lucked out and found an exact replacement, you'll be out big dollars! With a snap-on back, the back will have to come off every time it needs a cell. If you plan on wearing it as a sport watch (swimming, etc.), you'll need to put out the extra money to have it water tested each time the back comes off, and you'll have to pay to KEEP it water resistant! Run, don't walk! Look for other opinions, and let us know what you decide.

3. ConElPueblo Dec 9, 2016

....And the watch is ridiculously overpolished.

4. webvan Dec 9, 2016

Omega quartz fan here but agree on all points above. A nicer period piece would be the Mayol "Plongeur Deluxe"

tyrantlizardrex likes this.