Forums Latest Members
  1. Charlie1965 Sep 8, 2017

I really need help to get : 1128-31.046 B Hour wheel double-toothing Please let know the way to buy this 31.0346 hour wheel double -toothing for Omega Seamaster caliber 1128 GMT

2. ras47 Sep 8, 2017

I would suggest an Omega Boutique. That's not a part any independent is likely to stock.

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 8, 2017

Since I replace them every time I service this movement, I certainly stock them in all available heights. It's a common point of failure.

The boutique is not going to sell movement parts to someone off the street. This is something that a watchmaker who has a parts account with Omega can supply and install when they do a service. I've already suggested this to the OP.

He could call all the material suppliers and hope someone has one, but since this part does get replaced often, it's likely that the suppliers are running out of stock since they were all cut off from Omega at the end of 2015...

Cheers, Al

4. ras47 Sep 8, 2017

I would have had the boutique do the repairs themselves. What a contrast between Omega and Rolex. Omega makes spare parts readily available and even returns old parts along with a serviced/repaired watch. With Rolex you cannot get your old parts back even at gunpoint. And obtaining replacement parts?? Ha!!

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 8, 2017

Both Rolex and Omega supply parts to qualified watchmakers...but not to the general public.

ras47 likes this.
  6. ras47 Sep 8, 2017

But according to a lot of watchmakers, Rolex makes them jump through hoops to get some parts.

7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 8, 2017

One man's "jump through hoops" is another man's "having a well equipped, modern shop."

Certainly not everyone who asks for an account gets one, and even if you qualify Rolex may not grant one for their own reasons, but they can be had. It also to an extent depends on what country/market you are in, as in some markets they don't grant accounts to truly independent watchmakers.

It would be ideal if all companies simply sold parts to whoever asks for them, but that is not the reality these days. I would agree with the idea in your previous post that Swatch group is still one of the better companies to get parts from, despite the recent moves to eliminate the middle men.

Cheers, Al

ras47 likes this.
  8. ras47 Sep 9, 2017

That makes sense.