Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Seamaster Calendar ref. 2757 ca. 1955 (reduced)

1. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 9, 2018

I've decided to let this one go. It's a desirable ref. 2757-6 SC with original white cross-hair dial and most likely unpolished stainless steel case. I bought this one originally from a major collector, one of the other mods here, before this forum was extant. Some of the photos are his (with permission). At the time I bought it, I had it serviced by my watchmaker. It still keeps time to within a few seconds a day, and the movement is very clean, but it's been awhile, so may need to be serviced again for regular use.

CASE: Likely unpolished, with light wear, very good condition. 34 mm in diameter (without crown) and 41 mm from lug to lug. 18 mm interlug width. Original crown.

CRYSTAL: In excellent condition. May be original, I'm not sure. Not marked.

DIAL: Original, excellent condition. Lume is intact.

HANDS: Original. Some oxidation and discoloration to the hour hand. Some loss of lume to the minute hand.

MOVEMENT: cal. 355, very clean, keeping excellent time, serviced awhile ago in my possession, but may need a new service for more regular use. Date changes at midnight. Slow-set date.

I am asking $750 (net) (reduced from $850). There haven't been too many of these on offer here recently. Payment by PayPal (+ 4% or friends/family) or wire transfer. Priority shipping/insurance at cost. I'm based in the USA. Overseas shipping possible by FedEx/Parcel Pro. I've sold and bought a bit here and on eBay (amdubin). All sales are final. Please regard the photos as part of the description.

Okay, photos...The first few are from the previous owner (you'll probably guess who). The rest are brand new, with the exception of the obligatory wrist shot (on my 6.75" wrist). I would like to keep the Hadley-Roma strap that you see in the new photos. I can include a generic brown strap if desired, but I realize that most of you like to use your own straps.

Omega Seamaster cal. 355 white steel a.jpg Omega Seamaster cal. 355 white steel b.jpg Omega Seamaster cal. 355 white steel c.jpg Omega Seamaster cal. 355 white steel d.jpg Omega Seamaster cal. 355 white steel e.jpg IMG_1750.jpg IMG_1751.jpg IMG_1760.jpg IMG_1762.jpg IMG_1731.jpg IMG_1733.jpg IMG_4229.JPG
    Edited Nov 9, 2018
  2. McKinley Nov 9, 2018

I have wanted one of these for 2 years......you post it tonight, an hour after I have just bought another vintage chronograph......I have an understanding wife, but even I am not going to push this tonight.

McK

3. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 10, 2018

Someone has been kind enough to point out to me that the crown is different in the earlier photos from the previous owner, something which I neglected to notice. I can only surmise (since I really don’t remember from the prior description) that he said the crown was changed to one in the original style since the photos were taken.

So I should edit my prior description of the crown from “original” to “not original to the watch, but replaced with an OEM crown in the proper original style.” This was in the days when these could be bought from Otto Frei. I apologize for not noticing this.

Edited Nov 10, 2018
    shishy, slique12, quito and 1 other person like this.
  4. Dial & Bezel Nov 10, 2018

This is classic! I can definitely relate. :D:D

McKinley likes this.
  5. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 11, 2018

Bump!

6. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 13, 2018

Bump to the front of the line (albeit briefly!).

7. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 14, 2018

I know you all have been patiently waiting with bated breath for me to lower the price on this nice "date at 6 with crosshair dial" example, so here goes. This will probably be my only price reduction prior to putting it back in the proverbial watch box.

So, the new (net) price is $750.

cristos71 likes this.
  8. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 15, 2018

And...SOLD!

Thanks to the buyer and to OF.

Tritium likes this.