Forums Latest Members
  1. Extinguisher Dec 17, 2017

Hi guys, I am eyeing this Omega Seamaster Calendar for $300. Following is the info listed. Is this watch ok and is the price right?

Brand:
    Omega
    Lug Width: 18 mm
    Movement: Mechanical (Automatic) Year of Manufacture: 1960-1969
    Display: Analog Features: Date Indicator
    Watch Shape: Round Band Material: Genuine Leather
    Case Material: Gold Plated Face Color: Beige
    Style: Dress/Formal Serial Number: 17445220
    Country/Region of Manufacture: Switzerland
    Model: 14701 1 SC
    Band Color: Black Case Size: 33 mm
    Band Type: Leather

DETAILED DESCRIPTION
    Omega Seamaster Calendar Automatic Cal 562.
    Case in Very Good Condition. Showing some dents, scratches and signs of wear. Gold Plated in very good shape. Please see pictures for detail.
    Case Back in Very Good condition with some scratches and signs of wear.
    Crystal in Excellent Condition with Omega logo in the center.
    Dial in Original condition with some scratches and notorious damages. Please se pictures for detail. Hands with some damage, without luminova in the center.
    Crown signed Omega. Working properly.
    The movement is running OK and keeping time. It was Professionally serviced recently. However Accuracy of time keeping is not guarantee.
    Leather Bracelet of good quality, Brand New. Buckle not Omega.

2. Temprus Dec 17, 2017

if I'm not wrong, 14701 should be the Seamaster model with no Calendar written on the dial. Also, the hands do not belong to this dial. The movement looks very dirty. Wrong crown.

3. Canuck Dec 17, 2017

Gold shell on steel, heavily polished, seemingly worn without a gasket. RUST! A previous crown has leaked, and the stem is rusty. Traces of rust on some steel components. Missing vernier screw on the whiplash spring on the regulator! Could be missing all together, ot worse- broken off in the whip lash spring! Serviced recently? How recently and how thoroughly? If you buy it, be prepared to spend a lot of money bringing it up to its full potential. Maybe change your focus from low price, to high quality, and spend what you have to, to get it. Check out the offerings on the Omega message board, For Sale forums. You are bound for disappointment if you buy this turkey!

bubba48 and Vitezi like this.
  4. Extinguisher Dec 17, 2017

Oh that bad huh... Sorry I am a complete novice and is starting to learn. I don't understand the part about the missing vernier screw. I have compared it to other 562 caliber photos and I can't see any missing screw...

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 17, 2017

The screw is certainly there and visible, but it's corroded as is the screw for the balance spring stud. But the dial does not look like it's seated properly, so as others have suggested not sure this dial goes with this case. The crystal appears to be genuine, so the gap between the dial and tension ring of the crystal is odd. Movement generally in rough shape, so this won't be a cheap item, to service if done properly...

Cheers, Al

mydeafcat likes this.
  6. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Dec 17, 2017

Movement clamps look like they are in upside-down, certainly not helping with the dial seating.