Forums Latest Members
  1. Rparker Jun 12, 2016

Hi,

I have gotten hold of this one, not bought it and to be honest I do not know to much about vintage Omega's. Hence, I am asking for support from the experts in here.

The markers on the dial at 6, 9 and 12 does not seems original. Am I wrong? I is apperantly from the late 50's I think. I have not meet the seller as a friend brought back two pieces from a second hand retailer in Europe which he knows and asked me if I had any opinions on this one. I cant even tell if it's fake or real but maybe you guys can support. Here are a few pictures. The clasp is for sure not original and only gold plated. The case I bleieve is an 18K, I might be wrong here as well. All support would be very thankful.

IMG_3294.JPG IMG_3295.JPG IMG_3296.JPG IMG_3297.JPG IMG_3298.JPG
  2. Uniqez Jun 13, 2016

The case looks right, you have hallmarks and it does looks like 18K gold. I am expecting to see two bars as a 6, 9, 12 hour marks not three, but could be wrong.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

3. ConElPueblo Jun 13, 2016

For some reason, Seamaster Calendars have nearly always either

1) a very degraded dial
    2) been redialed

Whenever I see a very clean dial like the above, I always assume it has been refinished. Apart from a few examples shared by members here (and never put up for sale), the vast majority of these aren't very good in the dial department. The crown is a replacement, btw.

How much did your friend pay for it?

4. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jun 13, 2016

From the photos looks like a nice example. The dial appears to be a clean original one.

5. Rparker Jun 14, 2016

Thanks everyone for your replies. The crown is clearly a replacement crown. The case seems to be in very good condition.

My friend has not bought it yet, just trying it out for the time being. The asking price was EUR 2700. I have no clue what the going rates for these ones are. Input any?

6. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jun 14, 2016

Holy crap! I've got a gold-capped 2757 with a 355 bumper, waffle dial and naiad crown, that's been serviced, that I'd sell for half that. I seriously doubt that 18k adds that much to the value but I could be very wrong.

Edited Jun 14, 2016
    ConElPueblo and Giff2577 like this.
  7. ConElPueblo Jun 14, 2016

I'd hate to evaluate a watch on pictures like the above, but I agree that the price is optimistic. If the dial is original as MSNWatch reckons, and the rose gold case is in decent condition I guess that a price of roughly half of the asking price is what I'd expect from a private seller.

I recently sold a ref. 2849 in stainless steel with a patinated dial but perfect case, serviced, for less than one-third of the asking price of your example.

Uniqez likes this.
  8. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jun 14, 2016

Looks YG and not RG and the price is typical for a dealer - for vintage anything the markup is 100-300% of typical auction prices.

9. ConElPueblo Jun 14, 2016