Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Seamaster Calendar 2849-2 in excellent condition - $650

1. BenBagbag Jan 25, 2018

Dear OF,

Making room for a Hungarian bride I'm expecting in the mail soon (it's just a watch :D). Still hoping to make my first sale within the OF community and I think this piece may be the one! If anything is incorrect please let me know (by PM!).

For sale or trade is a Seamaster Calendar (Ref. 2849-2) dated around 1958. Watch has diameter of 34mm and is ~42mm lug to lug. It is in really fine condition and all parts are correct.

Aesthetics:
    Dial is original and in excellent shape. Dial has a sunburst finish/texture like you see on many of the Constellations and it looks really really sharp.
    Original crown is signed and is period correct.
    Case is in great condition. You can see the bevels on each lug (I tried to capture it in pictures). The case certainly hasn't seen the polishing wheel all that much if at all but see pictures as I'm not an expert...
    Hands are in good shape with only minimal corrosion. Crystal is signed and original (but hard to capture in pics for this amateur photographer but you can kind of see it in the macro dial shot). Has the built in cyclops which is a really nice touch. Not sure if markers are onyx but they sure are shiny.
    Caseback has the sharp Hippocampus (seahorse) and "Waterproof" text at the bottom is very legible.

Movement:
    Watch has a caliber 503. Watch is running and rotor is functioning properly, however a service is recommended. Watch has not been worn much in my possession and runs a bit fast (somewhere in the +25 to +60 second range per day). Movement is in good shape but is probably dry. Crown is tight against the case and winding is stiff. Date advances smoothly when wound back to 11 and then forward to 12. I believe a simple service is in order to ensure accuracy and smoother winding.

Watch is sold/traded as head only.

Please see pictures as they are part of description. As with any vintage watch, I cannot guarantee its future performance and I will not accept returns as I am refocusing my collection and raising funds for other watches.

I am asking $650 for the watch shipped CONUS. Will ship internationally at cost to active OF members with references. I don't have references here yet but have been here a while.

Interested in a trade for a watch in similar, excellent condition. Top of my list is a Seamaster Bumper. Certainly a UG would be given special attention but I am very interested in seeing what you have to offer.

Any questions feel free to drop me a message. Thanks for reading and thanks OF for the space! :)

Thank you!
    Ben

Dial Good 3.jpg Dial good lighting.jpg side 1.jpg crown side.jpg TR Lug.jpg TL Lug.jpg BR lug.jpg BL Lug.jpg case back good lighting.jpg Caseback.jpg movement 1.jpg Movement 2.jpg Nice macro.jpg

Wrist Good.jpg
    Dan S, STANDY, ahsposo and 11 others like this.
  2. BenBagbag Jan 25, 2018

SOLD and already in the post! Thanks to buyer and OF for the space! :thumbsup:

3. jumpingsecond Jan 25, 2018

::psy:: 1st sale on OF congrats Ben. buyer got a nice one here-so crisp and clean!