Forums Latest Members
  1. Beastie69 Jan 4, 2017

Hi fellow members.

During my pursuit of a good leather strap and a buckle for my newly acquired Omega Sparkle Cal 750, I noticed that today that day wheel stopped moving it is stuck on Tuesday and I can not get it to switch, I know there are a number of experts and even watchmakers here so can anybody point out what might be the reason for this?

Another problem is that I live in a part of the world where really experienced watchmakers don't exist so basically I can not just take it to somebody to check what happened. your input is highly appreciated here

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 4, 2017

Not sure what kind of an answer you are looking for really. Clearly it's jammed, but specifically why can only be determined after taking it apart.

If it was recently acquired, was it also recently serviced? If the seller said it was, what proof of service was offered. and was it a reputable service location?

Only advice I can give you with what you have provided is to either return it to the seller if you can, seek compensation from the seller for the costs of fixing it, or just bite the bullet and send it to a watchmaker.

Cheers, Al

Beastie69 likes this.
  3. Beastie69 Jan 4, 2017

Cheers Al for your answer.

I am sure it was not properly serviced by a reputable service location and I dont want to return it having bought it at a very good price for its condition, but I have to say it keeps perfect time for its age.

Most probably I will send it to a watchmaker have it fixed, change the crystal and hands with some genuine NOS parts, fit a new lizard strap and upload wrist shots :D

thanks for helping out

4. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jan 4, 2017

Now you're cookin' with peanut oil!

Jwit likes this.
  5. Beastie69 Jan 5, 2017

Interesting expression oddboy, does it by any chance refer to allergy? ::confused2::::confused2::

I would really like to learn more about it if you please

6. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jan 5, 2017

it's just an expression that means "now you're moving in the right direction" or something like that... made (sort of) famous by the reality TV show called Duck Dynasty.

here's a clip:

7. Beastie69 Jan 5, 2017

Ahh.. thanks for enlightening me.

I actually played the duck dynasty game for mobile phone but never came across this expression before::book::

8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 5, 2017

9. Beastie69 Jan 5, 2017

That would have been easier to comprehend. I learned two new expressions today thanks to you guys::book::

10. Beastie69 Jan 6, 2017

So I did not want to post a new topic for this but I need your input about what I should do to the watch, I ordered a set of hands from ofrei and plan to have them fitted in place of the old worn one, I did not do it for the lume but rather to freshen up the look since the already present hands are worn.

Would you change the hands if you are in my place? I will not touch the dial only hands a crystal or do you vintage lover guys feel it takes away from the watch, I personally feel the new hands will match very well the mint dial I got.

11. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Jan 6, 2017

If you prefer the look of new hands then go ahead. Keep the old hands and offer them as part of the deal should you ever decide to sell it.

Simples ;)

12. Beastie69 Jan 6, 2017

Sounds good enough for me, and I don't think I am ever going to sell any of my watches hopefully

13. Beastie69 Jan 12, 2017

Ok so today I recieved the set of hands I bought and I noticed that what looked to my stupid untrained eyes the same hands are different as in newer replacement since omega discontinued the old model.

These are the originals
    [​IMG]
    These are the new replacement
    [​IMG]

Now I am having second thoughts about replacing the hands. What do you guys think is best to do? I don't want to significantly alter the look of the watch but my hands are still a little worn.

Opinions are needed and welcomed.