Forums Latest Members
  1. erpin9 Jul 19, 2015

I would like to share my Omega Seamaster 166.0250 "Baby Plo Prof" watch. It took me a while to find one with a nice dial and bezel but it was worth the wait. I am still deciding what bracelet to get? Wire mesh probably?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

dialstatic, Spy, TNTwatch and 6 others like this.
  2. sulaco Jul 19, 2015

they look great great on a mesh or Vintage Isofrane. Nice to see one that still has original dial, hands and bezel ;-)

3. sulaco Jul 19, 2015

they look great great on a mesh or Vintage Isofrane. Nice to see one that still has original dial, hands and bezel ;-)

4. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Jul 19, 2015

Mine says hi just picked it up. Lovely pieces

image.jpg
    flqt-9000, TNTwatch, Lonestar and 7 others like this.
  5. base615 Jul 20, 2015

They're awesome. Definitely mesh is the best choice of shoes for it.

OMGRLX likes this.
  6. Longbow Aug 13, 2016

Hi Folks,
    There seems to be a significant difference in Lume thickness between the examples from @erpin9 and @Kringkily. Is this variation typical or has the OPs dial been re-Lumed or Kringkily's dial changed. Neither have the solid 12 o'clock service dial so I'm a bit confused as to the reason for the difference.

There's also quite a bit of date wheel brightness difference between the Plos.

What sort of Lume intensity are you guys getting from the dials and bezels? Service replacements light up strongly; I'm guessing these are rather weak by now.

As you might guess I'm trying to figure out what what is good, bad and ugly for my Plo project, so any guidance on provenance would be welcome.

Edited Aug 14, 2016
  7. Dogmann Aug 15, 2016

Hi Longbow,

Here is mine and as you can see it has similar lume to Kringkily's not sure what you mean by date wheel brightness but mine is not bright and although the lume will light up dimly when stimulated it really doesn't last long at all which isn't really surprising considering mine is from 1974. Anyway here are some pictures to wet your appetite on mesh and on an original Omega Isofrane.

[​IMG]IMAG0090 by Marc Obermann, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMAG0082 by Marc Obermann, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMAG0068 by Marc Obermann, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMAG0062 by Marc Obermann, on Flickr

I forgot to say good luck in hunting one down as I manged to pick mine up just over 2 years ago and hunted for an all original one in good condition for a long time. Whenever I have tried to find one now they really do seem to be very few around even with service dials and bezels they are getting very hard to find.

Marc

Spy, TNTwatch, Longbow and 1 other person like this.
  8. fibonacci086 Aug 15, 2016

Here's mine:

Sans titre.png
    Credit pic : Kringkily

I always wondered about the absence of the dial marking "T Swiss T".

I guessed that it was because of the thickness of the glass which was big enough to shield a large part of the radiation.
    Anyone has a better idea ?

9. Longbow Aug 15, 2016

Hi Marc,
    Thanks for the great images. Any chance of some case close-ups, e.g. Crown, crystal to bezel height etc etc?

Ref the date wheel I was simply referring to fact that some date wheels look very white whereas others are more yellowish in colour and maybe a further indication of movement age.

It's part of my investigation/learning process to try to figure out what is original and untouched vs the serviced, NOS original Omega parts put togethers and the plain faked...not to mention the variations due to hand swaps. I think I will have to put all my thoughts and observations into writing/images and hope the good folks here update and correct as appropriate. Unfortunately I'm a bit constrained by a) using an old iPhone, b) large fingers and c) having lousy internet B/W as I'm on holiday at the mo.
    Cheers
    Nick

10. Ken G Aug 17, 2016

As someone who's hoping to add one of these to the collection at some point, that would be great. Looking forward to it... :thumbsup:

Lonestar and Longbow like this.
  11. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Mar 9, 2017

My thoughts exactly this evening... Any progress on this one?

Was good to see you and Mrs. Fibonacci a few days back:) you all take care :)

Paul

12. fibonacci086 Mar 9, 2017

Thanks Paul :)
    It was a pleasure to see you as well !
    Concerning the absence of the Ts, I had a discussion about it with someone in charge at the Omega museum.
    He had no better idea and shared this hypothesis.
    Wear it in good health :thumbsup:

13. Wolf9827 Mar 11, 2017

Omega Baby Ploprof.JPG
    Dear All,

just want to share the ones that I have.
    The one on the left was purchased in 1984 in Germany (I´m the original owner, sold it and bought it back).
    The one on the right I just acquired (here in Brazil). It seems that it´s also called "baby ploprof" what I wasn´t aware of until recently when researching on the internet. Your opinions are welcome.
    The integrated bracelet is a little bit short, so I´d appreciate if you have suggestions (rubber band?) since it seems pretty difficult to find extra links.

Best regards,

Carsten

OMGRLX likes this.
  14. Spy You know my name. Mar 13, 2017

Was the baby Ploprof's a monobloc case too or did they have a screw down back?

15. Wolf9827 Mar 17, 2017

A screw down caseback.

BR.

Spy likes this.