Forums Latest Members
  1. S Dhar Mar 29, 2017

Hi all,

I got an old omega golden watch. I am giving few pics of the same. Would like to get suggestion/ advice from you whether the back cover is genuine or not. I am confused with the back cover since I saw a 4 digit number written on the top of the back cover in other similar type of watches. and that number is absent here.

Further to this the back cover carries a round shape sprakling decoration. that is also absent in the back cover. the calibre is 1022 with 23 jewels. back cover also marks 166.0213 and 366.0845.

Also kindly advice me, is it true that a different back cover other than this model will not fit in this watch?

Shall be grateful for your suggestion please.

Thanks
    Sd

sd2.jpg sd1.jpg
  2. roryoc11 Mar 29, 2017

Hi @S Dhar, it sounds like you have the right case back for this model, if you post pictures here it can be confirmed. With regard to the four digit number, this is seen on quartz models, which yours isn't, to denote the calibre used, so don't worry that yours doesn't have it.

3. S Dhar Mar 29, 2017

Here are more pics

IMG-20170329-WA0010.jpg IMG-20170329-WA0008.jpg IMG-20170329-WA0007.jpg
  4. S Dhar Mar 29, 2017

uploaded the back cover pic. please have a look.

5. S Dhar Mar 29, 2017

Do you have any findings on the Hour and Minutes hand? it is shark teeth but in these types I saw plain hands. Kindly opine on that also please.

6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 29, 2017

You have a gold plated omega watch.

It's appears all original dial, case, and caseback. There is also a number starting with a 3x( most likely) million on the movement which can tell you it's approx age.

That case back carries 2 model numbers, either for 2 watches or they changed the model number of this watch. Totally normal in that period. You can look up both models and see which yours is and double check which movement is in it to make sure it's correct.

As for the dial not exactly matching reference pictures, there is a fair amount of dial variation and yours appears correct and original to me.

Edited Mar 29, 2017
    S Dhar likes this.
  7. S Dhar Mar 29, 2017

And what about hands. other watches' hand is not like this. they are plain and long.

8. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 29, 2017

My gut reaction is that they may be replaced as they are a bit too short for the dial. That being said I've seen worse from the factory at that time period.