Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra manufactured date

Can someone provide me with the year an Aqua Terra 38.5mm with serial number 88XXXXXX would have been manufactured in please? Thank you

That link will be no use on anything made after around 2000. It is more useful on earlier stuff but even then is using tables of data that contain errors and approximations. The problem is Omega have been using different ranges for different models for a while now. Try it with various 88m numbers and you’ll see what I mean. I’m pretty certain it’ll be newer than 2009.

With that model, the best you can do there is to figure out when the watch was introduced to give you a baseline and look at the box design and edition number of the instructions. Oh and if you want input from other owners you’ll need to give 2 more digits as 88m has covered many years. A photo of the model and the PIC code would help otherwise you are asking a very open ended question.
Edited:

Like 4
That link will be no use on anything made after around 2000. It is more useful on earlier stuff but even then is using tables of data that contain errors and approximations. The problem is Omega have been using different ranges for different models for a while now. Try it with various 88m numbers and you’ll see what I mean. I’m pretty certain it’ll be a lot newer than 2009.

With that model, the best you can do there is to figure out when the watch was introduced to give you a baseline and look at the box design and edition number of the instructions. Oh and if you want input from other owners you’ll need to give 2 more digits as 88m has covered many years. A photo of the model and the PIC code would help otherwise you are asking a very open ended question.

Ah okay thanks, I was aware that it becomes less relevant for newer serials, but I thought with an 88x serial it would still be within range. Have just had another look and it looks like it stops being reliable for Speedmasters 1999+ / 77,xxx,xxx but continues to be reliable for Seamasters until 2008+ / 84,xxx,xxx. So yes, not useful for OP. Anecdotally, it has been able to date Aqua Terras in and around 2007 correctly.

Like 1
I was able to get that info one time from an Omega rep using the live chat feature on their website. The rep asked me to share the full serial, which I did, and then a few seconds later they gave me the year of manufacture. That said, when I tried it again a year or two later (with a different watch) they refused to do so. So I think it’s luck of the draw—who the rep on other end of the chat happens to be and what mood they’re in. But they most definitely do have that info at their disposal. No clue why they’re not inclined to share it, usually.

That link will be no use on anything made after around 2000. It is more useful on earlier stuff but even then is using tables of data that contain errors and approximations. The problem is Omega have been using different ranges for different models for a while now. Try it with various 88m numbers and you’ll see what I mean. I’m pretty certain it’ll be newer than 2009.

Thank you. Is

is it safe to assume that a master co-axial chronometer is a more recent watch compared to this one?

I'm sorry I don't think I understand your question. Is the watch you are looking at the one in the link? If so that one hasnt been made for a few years. They have moved on from the 8500 movement used there.

I'm sorry I don't think I understand your question. Is the watch you are looking at the one in the link? If so that one hasnt been made for a few years. They have moved on from the 8500 movement used there.
Yes I understand 8500 is outdated now. I thought I had included the ref number associated with the serial number prefix included in the original post. I was wondering between 231.10.39.21.01.001 and
231.10.42.21.03.003, which one is newer? Co-axial chronometer vs master co axial chronometer? Thanks again

The latter with master coax is newer. But no longer current.

The latter with master coax is newer. But no longer current.
Thank you. Current is out of my budget. Trying to get the most for my money.

Thank you. Current is out of my budget. Trying to get the most for my money.
Is it the same 8500 movement or is there a variation between this ref and 8500 on the other ref which also has an 8500?