Forums Latest Members

Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 8800 clasp on Aqua Terra 8500 - Meet the Aqua Terra 2.5

1. vicsdca Dec 24, 2019

deleted

Edited Mar 26, 2022
    Cadillac, savio.79, EauTerre and 4 others like this.
  2. imranbecks Dec 25, 2019

Probably just me but I prefer the simplicity of just the Omega symbol on the clasp of my Aqua Terra.....

[​IMG]

Also remembered how subtle it was when I saw the logo peeking out in Skyfall...

[​IMG]

Edited Dec 25, 2019
    Cadillac and jeelan like this.
  3. Claven2 Dec 25, 2019

Nice mod. 2.0 is so much nicer than 3.0 imho. Much better looking watch.

4. jeelan Dec 26, 2019

Awesome post!!

This is really good info - thank you Sir!

I also find the clasp on AT2.0 quite uncomfortable, especially in summer when the wrist swells up. Do you know if this clasp will fit the larger 41.5mm AT bracelets? Not sure if both the 38mm and 41.5mm AT bracelets taper down to the same size?

also is the overall length of the clasp + end links the same on both AT2.0 and AT3.0? ie when you installed the new clasp, did you have to re-adjust the size of the bracelet for your wrist or was overall diameter unchanged?

thanks
    Jeelan

5. vicsdca Dec 26, 2019

If you have the 41mm AT, the part numbers will be different. You can email the part department at [email protected] for all inquiries about part numbers on a specific watch, but avoid asking them about compatibility related questions between different watches if you want to stay on their good side.
    When you have the info you need, you can call the Omega Customer Service at 877-839-5224 to place an order, or order directly from an Omega boutique. The benefit of ordering from a boutique is that they will install the clasp for you free of charge.

As for your second question, the outside length of the clasp + endlinks remains the same, i.e. the outside circumference of the bracelet will not change.

Edited Dec 26, 2019
    jeelan likes this.
  6. dinexus Dec 26, 2019

This is awesome. The real question though, is can I put the AT 3.0 clasp on my 2.0 bracelet? I definitely prefer the all-brushed look of the older bracelets, but I’ll agree – the clasp is definitely the weakest point on the watch.

7. dinexus Dec 26, 2019

Oh wait, I must have skimmed over the part where you said you polished the center links. I just saw the polish and assumed it was the 3.0. Super helpful!