Omega Seamaster 9ct Gold Ref 196.750 Quartz Dress Watch

Posts
24,795
Likes
55,073
Congratulations. How many were produced?
 
Posts
12
Likes
1
Are you hunting for one or did you score a piece? The 9ct solid gold cases from that era really hold their character.
 
Posts
10,742
Likes
16,729
Am I the only one to be rather underwhelmed by this 33mm quartz 80s dress watch?

What are those of you showering praise seeing?

One thing that is curious is that it has a Swiss made 9k case, this ref is normally 18k. 9k gold is more usually seen on local production cases in the British or formerly British sphere.
Edited:
 
Posts
2,328
Likes
1,452
Am I the only one to be rather underwhelmed by this 33mm quartz 80s dress watch?

What are those of you showering praise seeing?

One thing that is curious is that it has a Swiss made 9k case, this ref is normally 18k. 9k gold is more usually seen on local production cases in the British or formerly British sphere.
New member. Just being nice
 
Posts
10,742
Likes
16,729
well it’s nice to be nice for sure.
 
Posts
1,585
Likes
5,378
The suggestion that this is the rarest Seamaster is a bold (and unsubstantiated) claim. Ash’s deluxe Seamaster with a stepped pie pan dial and date at 6 o’clock might be just slightly less common.
 
Posts
24,795
Likes
55,073
well it’s nice to be nice for sure.
"It's nice to be nice to the nice." -Major Frank Burns, MASH
 
Posts
2,328
Likes
1,452
The suggestion that this is the rarest Seamaster is a bold (and unsubstantiated) claim. Ash’s deluxe Seamaster with a stepped pie pan dial and date at 6 o’clock might be just slightly less common.
Who knows on rare, but as padders said. 9kt gold Swiss case. As far as I knew. commonwealth countries used 9kt gold (UK. NZ and Australia). Everywhere else. 9kt is not considered gold with 10kt being the minimum and many countries consider 18kt to be a minimum. Switzerland 14 and 18 karat.
 
Posts
18,726
Likes
38,872
I suppose the rarity is down to the fact that the case is 9ct (BG 196.750), it has nice Roman indices and it has "Seamaster" on the dial.

99.9% of the other 196.750s I see are BAs (18ct), have plain indices and no "Seamaster".
 
Posts
24,795
Likes
55,073
Well, I just think it's wonderful that we had the opportunity to see the most rare Seamaster. I can die happy now.
 
Posts
919
Likes
2,893
Pretty cool watch! We all have some superlatives about our own stuff others would disagree with. Hope you enjoy it!