Forums Latest Members
  1. michael e Still learning. Nov 5, 2014

I don't see this model around too much.
    Not popular?
    Does anyone own one on the forum? can I see photo's please?
    I for one love it, I think it might be a keeper although I have said that before ;)
    PS I meant 861
    Thanks Mick
    [​IMG]

Varasc, Alpha, Northernman and 3 others like this.
  2. Northernman Lemaniac Nov 5, 2014

I have a 860. Same case but only two sub dials.
    My favorite dress chrono.
    image.jpg

3. Hijak Nov 5, 2014

Here's my 861 chrono...
    New Strap, 4.JPG
    Although mine's a De Ville

Varasc, Alpha, Northernman and 2 others like this.
  4. JohnSteed Nov 5, 2014

Love these chronos ::love::

5. Hijak Nov 5, 2014

Me too!

6. Northernman Lemaniac Nov 6, 2014

They are all part of the Seamaster range. Have a look at the caseback! Some dials have the Seamaster printed, but most have DeVille only.
    Similar watches are found with the 320/321 caliber and also the 146.0017 cal 930 (860 with date added).
    It will always be room for a few of these in my watchbox;) !

7. davidswiss Nov 6, 2014

Very nice watch. I have heard from that some of the older seamasters/chronographs with cal 321 were often used as parts suppliers for the more valuable speedies. A shame if it's still going on as these are very attractive.

8. Northernman Lemaniac Nov 6, 2014

I guess the evil ways of making money has gotten a few to commit such deeds. An extract from Omega would confirm if that was the case.

It is easier with the cal 860 as this was only used by Omega in one model ever (and not too many was made). I actually got an extract for mine before that fact dawned on me. Could have saved myself those CHF;) !

As for the 321 (and its derivatives) it was used by a bunch of companies. Here is a Meylan which I have (going for a service soon). It looks VERY much like the similar Omega models. The Meylan case reference is actually a Lemania one (and the serial number matches those used by Lemania for the period). Lemania made these for a lot of smaller brands, and they very often only changed the name on the dial and on the bridges. 805-64 gives reference 805 and production year (case) 1964.

IMG_4228.JPG IMG_4239.JPG

davidswiss and TNTwatch like this.
  9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 6, 2014

An extract won't confirm if parts have been taken from one watch to another, unless it's the escape wheel bridge with the serial number on it. I think you are referring to a whole movement swap, which is not what was being suggested I think.

It's certainly unfortunate, but not evil in my view to take 321 parts from one watch to keep a much more valuable watch running. If only Omega would supply all the parts for the 321, we would not have to do such things....

Cheers, Al

10. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 6, 2014

I'm about to have to do the same thing to resurrect a Speedmaster, though I'll be keeping the main plates and serial number from the original. Means yet another Seamaster will have to take a bullet for one of its more famous cousins.

11. Northernman Lemaniac Nov 6, 2014

Agreed. The "evil" in the ways would be to butcher an original watch and make a Frankenwatch from Watchco or similar parts......

AKA a DIY Speedy.;)