Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Seamaster 60 166.062 what do you think about?

1. bikehomero Jul 21, 2018

Hi,

just found a offer of a 166.062. I think it could be a nice present for my girlfriend.

As i can see the bracelet is taken together from some parts. Neither original, nor nice. Bottom seems to be overpolished. But hands, dial and movement dont look bad to me. It is offered as "complete seviced". I asked the seller for more fotos, especially from the sides.

Should i buy it and what is it worth?

seamaster 60_2.jpg seamaster 60_3.jpg seamaster 60_4.jpg seamaster 60_5.jpg seamaster 60_6.jpg seamaster 60_7.jpg

Thank you and best regards

Jürgen

Edited Jul 21, 2018
  2. ChrisN Jul 22, 2018

The head looks correct to me - I have one of these in blue. The bezel should match the dial so, it should be a burgundy colour but it's hard to see in the photos. If it's black, then I'd suspect a service bezel which will hit the price. Dial and hands look good from these photos and if the case has some original finish left on the sides, when you get the new photos, it could be a nice watch. This is the man's version and there is a much smaller woman's version, just so you know.

Don't know about the bracelet but it does look put together, as you say.

If it is really fully serviced and the new photos check out plus the bezel is burgundy, I'd say a price of US$2000 for the head is not unreasonable - probably more.

Cheers, Chris

bikehomero likes this.
  3. bikehomero Jul 22, 2018

Thanks Chris! Yes it's a man's version, but with it's only 33mm will fit well. In addition, this bigger version has the 565 movement. Got the answer and new fotos from the seller. Its a black bezel...here are the new fotos:

seamaster 60_8.jpg seamaster 60_9.jpg

I think i will go up to € 1200,00 for this not all original piece.

Best regards

Jürgen

4. ChrisN Jul 22, 2018

The case doesn't look too bad but a shame about the black bezel - they did come with blue and I think the black is a replacement but someone else may be able to clarify. I don't have mine with me but these are 37 mm as I remember so I think the seller hasn't measured it correctly. It would surprise me if the seller goes down to €1200 but depends on how motivated he is.

Cheers, Chris

bikehomero likes this.
  5. DIV Jul 22, 2018

Man!...I just learned about yet another Seamaster model!....congrats and thanks for posting.

6. bikehomero Jul 22, 2018

Your wellcome :)

7. bikehomero Jul 22, 2018

I think this one should have a burgundy bezel.

8. ChrisN Jul 22, 2018

Yes, you're absolutely right and that's what I said in the first post. I accidentally typed blue above as mine is blue/blue.

Good luck, Chris

bikehomero likes this.