Forums Latest Members

Omega seamaster 300m silver dial as one watch.

1. chronostart Jun 25, 2019

Hi everyone,

I have the seamaster 300 2018 model with silver dial.
    I absolutely love this watch.
    My question is do you think this watch can the only watch you will ever need?
    Although i really like the watch,somtimes I feel that the silver/blue combo does not work with every thing.
    Can this color combo of the smp be versatile to become the only one watch you will ever need?
    This is the watch:

4CF8912A-DE27-4E1E-A7E3-B1CDB3E970C1.jpeg
    gippo, speckledaxe and AntonisCy like this.
  2. petay993 Jun 25, 2019

I think it is pretty adaptable but it is still a sports watch having said that Daniel Craig wears his with a tuxedo!

You could get the rubber strap to complement what you have then you can dress it up or down

3. AntonisCy Jun 25, 2019

I have this exact model as my only watch and i am very happy. I wear it with jeans and a t-shirt and also with a suit. Looks great always. But now i am wearing it on a blue NATO for the summer. Looks even better with a shirt!

chronostart likes this.
  4. mjb Jun 25, 2019

I have the new SMP in blue, and it's my only watch. Sure it clashes when I wear khaki, but I don't lose sleep over it.

I do have a submariner on order (in the sense that I'm on the list) but I'm really doing OK with just one watch right now. Natch the sub, being black, goes with everything. I almost bought the SMP in black, but I knew I was going to get the sub, so I didn't. Plus, the wife was all about the blue one, and it's nice to have her buy-in.

chronostart likes this.
  5. Tom vanDal Jul 19, 2019

Most probably will go for the Sedna-gold/black version on bracelet as my only watch.
    Speaking of it.. there is always an occassion for another watch, like the apple watch beeing my beater-watch.

6. gbesq Jul 19, 2019

It’s a very nice watch, but I wouldn't consider it to be an all rounder. I think you need a dress watch (Omega, of course!) to properly complement a suit.

7. Dohnut Jul 19, 2019

I could live with mine as an only watch quite easily, but then my life if pretty informal. In saying that if I had to don a suit tomorrow I’d have no issue with wearing the SMP.