Omega Seamaster 300m repairs/upgrade

Hi,

I have an Omega Seamaster 300 that I purchased back in 1996. The watch is worn out due to many years of use in the ocean. My son loves the watch and he's graduating this summer. I want to pass it along to him as a graduation gift.

With that said, I need to repair or replace the band. Over the years, the pins have worn out and I think the link chambers might be too loose due to the friction. Sometimes the pins pop out of the half the way and I push them back in. I have been very cautious using it in the water, afraid the pins might pop out and I could lose the watch. I took it to the Omega store in San Diego, and they want to totally replace the band and the bezel that has faded over time.

I might eventually go this route, but my son and I like the worn-out look that gives character to the watch. I'm afraid putting a brand new band and replacing the bezel with new parts will look out of place.

What would you recommend? Is there a place in SoCal where I can fix these and still keep the character of the timepiece? Thank you for any feedback.

I think it looks great and I wouldn’t be replacing the bezel, dial or band.
The issue you may have is that refurbishing the bracelet may cost nearly as much as replacing it. Still it’s only original once and the few hundred it will probably cost is worth it imo.
I’m in the UK so can’t help with recommendations but good luck

Actually, I’ve just gone through my old service receipts and 4 years ago I had the exact same bracelet re-pinned by Swiss Time Services in the UK and it only cost £72 as additional work during a full service. So perhaps not as expensive as I thought.

My biggest concern is the bracelet with the pins coming out. I mentioned this to the Omega store and they recommended a new bracelet because they believe re-pining the entire old bracelet is not safe. I am not sure they are trying to make money out of me since putting new pins is a cheap option.

I believe it’s new pins and tubes you’d need.

Do a site search for recommended watchmakers near you (recommended watchmaker by location is asked a lot) and get in touch with them to see what they say

My biggest concern is the bracelet with the pins coming out. I mentioned this to the Omega store and they recommended a new bracelet because they believe re-pining the entire old bracelet is not safe. I am not sure they are trying to make money out of me since putting new pins is a cheap option.

New pins and tubes could solve this, provided that the links themselves are not worn too much. Over time the holes in the links where the pins and tubes go can wear, causing a risk of failure and loss of the watch.

Get someone who is Omega certified to take a look.

Wow, always love the look of a well worn tool watch. Beautiful, coffee cream color on those lume plots and overall patina.