Forums Latest Members

Omega Seamaster 300M, legit or fake from eBay?

1. Ssadler007 Mar 12, 2014

Hello all,

I am very new to the SMP realm, I have other Omegas from 1946 and a Seamaster from 1956 as well, but this particular model, 2531.80.00, I know is counterfeited a lot. So, I am starting a thread to ask if you experts think that I got the real deal or a fake...

thanks so much for your time!

S

2. Ssadler007 Mar 12, 2014

Here is a photo of it with lume...thanks again!

image.jpg
  3. Ssadler007 Mar 12, 2014

Also, I have all of the cards and both the white outer box and red box all matching my serial number...I don't think fakers remake the cards would they?

thanks again

S

4. ctime3 Mar 13, 2014

Here are a couple pics from the book of time. My power is flickering here so the shots are not the best. But if you look in the middle of the dial where the hands meet everything is silver color and yours looks almost a gold color. Maybe I am off. The markers look puffy but maybe it's the lume and the lettering looks brighter maybe painted over. But everything else looks good. But I would leave it to the experts.

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 13, 2014

It looks OK except for that toothpaste lume job :confused:

6. Ssadler007 Mar 13, 2014

Thanks for the input all! The hands are definitely silver, I took the picture in low light. I did open the back up and the movement looks like the omega 1120 precisely, even the movement serial numbers match the case serial numbers. The genuine bezel is intact, and eveything else looks to be correct. Any input on that? Thanks!

s